♤|45|♤

"Good morning , My lady" Sebastian greeted his mistress as he serves her breakfast. "Had a lovely sleep ?"

"Why don't you cut the small talk and let me see the mail ?" (Y/n) said sternly.

"Of courss My Lady ," the butler said. "There is only one letter that had arrived today and it is from Master Ho-chien" He said as he hand the envelope to his mistress.

As (y/n) read the contents , her eyes widened in shock. "I-It can't be ... H-how ? I-impossible" she started to tremble. She was in disbelief on what she read.

"What does it say my lady ?"

"T-the King ... is dead ..." The words barely left (y/n)'s mouth. Even Sebastian was surprised by this news.

"He died at the same time the clock struck 12 during the New Year Ball ... He was shot in the back of the head and shot four times in the back. I-it was a brutal death. He was killed right in front of his own son and the Midford family..." (y/n) told Sebastian , trying her best to act stern.

"And who is the suspect behind this My lady ?" Sebastian asked.

(Y/n) looked at Sebastian , her eyes showing fear. "According to Ho-chien" she gulped a lump in her throat. "I-I was the assailant..." her voice croaked upon saying this.

"My Lady , you were-"

(Y/n) didn't let Sebastian finish. "I don't know how one was capable of impersonating. His letter maybe informative but it lacks more detail ... Still , one thing remains a fact- because of my face being used by the culprit , I'm now London's number one criminal" she spoke , attempting to have a strong image. She looked at her butler. "Sebastian ... call the others , tell them we will be having guests"

■■■

Charging to the Phantomhive manor is none other than Scotland Yard along with the royal Knights led by Edgar. Hostility was in the air , they didn't even bother planning it as a peaceful arrest for they even brought cannons. They surrounded the mansion , with Edgar standing in front of the mansion.

"Should we begin raiding Sir Edgar ?" one asked.

"No" Edgar replied. "The Phantomhives are a cunning family ... It is foolish to think this will be easy. I must first meet her" he spat. "Alone ..." he finished.

"A-alone ?! But what if it will be an ambush !? Its reckless !!!"

Edgar ignored his subordinate's warning. "What's reckless is her returning to her mansion" he said in a monotone voice as her walked right infront of the door.

Before Edgar could knock on the door , it was opened by Margaret. "Welcome Master Edgar" the maid said politely. "Please come in" she lead the knight inside.

"Welcome cousin" (Y/n) spoke up. The mistress was standing right infront of the Grandstair case , with Sebastian by her side.

"Don't you dare call me cousin" Edgar hissed.

"Oh ... Than what ? Sir Egdar of the Knights then ?" (Y/n) responded raising a brow.

"Stop acting like you haven't killed a man !" Edgar shouted.

"Oh ? Bold of you to assume that I haven't done that in the past ... Have you forgotten who I am ?"

"Nope , you are the Late King Edward's Watchdog... But now you are his murderer !" Edgar said. He drew out his sword and  pointing it at (Y/n). "How could you do it ?! He trusted you ! He trusted you with London's sake ! He trusted you with his life ! Tell me why you did that !" He demanded.

"Like what you said , the King has trusted me with his entire life ... Which is why I claim to you that I never did it" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"W-what ? W-what do you mean ?!"

"Someone had taken the liberty of disguising as me to get closer and kill the king ... So stop with this stupid accusation of yours and let me find the real culprit" (Y/n) pushed Edgar's sword away. She gave him a soft smile , reassuring Edgar "I'm sure you know that I can never do that"

But Edgar's reaction wasn't the one she wanted. The Knight began chuckling hysterically. "You think I would believe in a petty lie such as that ?! You think its so easy to quell this burning rage inside of me ?" He looked at (Y/n) with a deadly stare. "You did not just kill te King but also ... Attempted to murder my Father"

(Y/n) was shocked by his words. Even her uncle Edward was shot as well- this must be the reason why Edgar is dead set on capturing her. Capturing is even the right term- Edgar wishes to kill her.

"I never wish to do that to U-"

"Shut up !!!" Edgar shouted cutting (y/n) off. "Shut up ... Shut up ... Shut up !!!!"

"Edgar ..."

"Stop with all these lies your feeding me... It won't change my mind ! Your words , they are just like a demon's" Edgar spoke.

(Y/n) and Sebastian glared at him.

Edgar then charges at (Y/n) and attempts to slash her but Sebastian had pulled his mistress away from the attack. The butler then away from Edgar with (Y/n) in his arms.

"Are you alright my lady ?" The butler asked his mistress.

(Y/n) nodded in response , she then faced her cousin. "I know its impossible for you to believe in me , but I will do anything in my power to clear my name... Even if I'm going to have to face you or even everyone in London ! And I won't hesitate on holding back if our paths cross again , Edgar"

"I bare the same feelings as well (Y/n)" Edgar replied.

"From this day onward , I will prove to you that I am innocent/ be the one to capture and end you !" (Y/n) and Edgar both said at the sametime.

■■■

As Edgar walked out of the mansion , the knights were relieved to see him alright.

'Foolish of you (y/n) to think that this will be easy ... You are an enemy to London , to the throne and to us Midford's-your family. And we will do everything in our power to capture you and be punished for the greivous fault you have done' Edgar thought as he began walking back to his unit.

He then rose his right hand. "Lady (Y/n) Phantomhibe refuse to surrender !!! Action will be done by force ! Fire !!!" He annouced.

They readied the canons and launched it at the manor. A continuos blast of cannon balls hitting the mansion. "This may not kill you (Y/n) ... But it will break yor spirit" Edgar spoke.

After a barrage of blasts , they ceased fire. Smoke filled the air , everyone was coughing. As the view become visible , everyone was shocked to see the mansion still standing and unscathed

"I-I'm possible..."
"D-didn't we launch an all out attack !?"
"What sorcery is this !?"

"S-sir Edgar , what should we do !?" A knight asked.

"Simple ... Charge !!!!!" Edgar shouted at the top of his lungs.

(Y/n) , Sebastian and the Other servants were in (Y/n)'s office. Standing by.

"Are you alright Lammy ? Yammy ?" Zymon asked to the twins who were exhausted after using their powers to protect the mansion.

"We're fine Zymon ..." Yammy replied.
"We're just a little tired" Lammy reassurred him.

"They've already ceased fire" (Y/n) said. "They will be now charging the mansion" she hated the fact that her home will be ransacked.

"My Lady , should we proceed to the next step ?" Sebastian asked.

(Y/n) nodded.

"Yes... The fall of this manor will be the reason why we have to find the suspect. Which is why , I order you all to carry out the plan with no hesitation !!!! Even if this place will turn into a pile of dust !!! " (Y/n) exclaimed.

"Yes , my Lady !!!" They all said in unison.