♤|43|♤

The Phantomhive servants await outside the coach to see their mistress of.

"Awww , why can't we celebrate New Years with you Mistress ?" Yammy whined.

Lammy nodded in agreement. "You'll miss eating Zymon's special New Year delicacy"

"Sorry you two , but its a tradition for me to celebrate it with Ho-chien" (Y/n) said to the twins. But they weren't satisfied with her answer. (Y/n) sighed , "Fine ... I'll try and come back as early as possible to celebrate it with you"

The twins' faces light up in delight. On the other hand Zymon felt embarrassed on the twin's actions. "Forgive me My Lady , they can be really demanding" he said awkwardly.

(Y/n) shook her head. "It's alright Zymon , at least I know there's a celebration to come for here at home" she with a hint of joy. Sebastian noticed the Mistress' expression on her face , which made him smile as well.

The butler then turned to the servants. "You 5 will be left behind , I will allow you to celebrate New Years ... But also , I trust you will still be on alert for , unwanted guests"

"Sebastian and I might be back around 1 or 2 in the morning" (Y/n) said as she went inside the carriage. "I expect that party to be extravagant as well" she said lastly.

The 5 servants faces lit up. "Yes , my lady !" They all said happily.

■■■

During the carriage ride , Sebastian and (Y/n) were silent. The mistress was just looking outside the window with a blank face , while Sebastian was looking at his mistress. After hearing what happened to her from Margaret , Sebastian became vigilant and kept a watchful eye on his mistress.

'She hasn't yet brought up on what happened to her ... Is she hiding it from me ? Or , should it really be a big deal- but upon what Margaret said of an unknown scent lingering ... This shouldn't be set aside' The butler thought.

"Would you mind looking at something else ?" (Y/n) spoke. "Its creeping me out on you staring at me"

"Pardon My lady , I just don't find anything else amusing to see" Sebastian replied with a smile.

(Y/n) gave him an unimpressed stare. "My soul isn't entertainment"

Sebastian rose a brow. "Oh , but it will be my meal soon" he muttered. His eyes flickered magenta.

"Be patient ... It isn't time yet" she looked back at the window.

The ride to Ho-chien's shiphouse then became silent between the Butler and the mistress.

■■■

In the Palace the King was delighted on the number of guests who came to the Ball. "Its still a bit dissapointing that (Y/n) could not come" he spoke. "You would really like her company Son" he said to his son , prince George.

"I am well aware that you find her amazing father , but I don't think I  would find company in a child" Prince George noted.

King Edward gave a chuckle on his son's words. "You'll soon be fond of her sooner or later ... Phantomhive is the only family that the Royal family trusts-and soon , you will carry on the relationship I had with them" he said sternly as he placed his hand on his son's shoulders.

"Right ..."

The chat between Kingd Edward and Prince George brought disgust to Peter. "Tch ... soon , you will perish my king" he muttered to himself.

"Ahhh , if it isn't the Midford's" King Edward spoke happily seeing them arrive and walk towards him.

"My King" Edward Midford and his family bowed. "It is an honor for you to have invited us" he spoke.

"Please rise " The king said. "Your family have  much for the Kingdom ; like your father , I know you can be a great head Edward"

"Thank you" Edward said.

"Awhhhh , I thought (Y/n) would be here" Alice complained.

"Now , now dear , that isn't how you behave infront of the King" Amanda spoke in a gentle tone to her daughter.

"R-right , s-sorry" she bashfully saids.

"Alice , do you want to look aroud and admire the pretty dresses with me ?" Emily invited.

Alice's face then lit up. "Sure !"

"Don't worry mother , I'll watch after Alice" Emily said. "Edgar , do you want to join us in looking around ?"

"No , you two girls go on ahead" Edgar said politely. The two then left and disappeared into the crowd.

It was a lively party , different Nobles mingling with one another , children playing and some families dining. It was a joyous sight. Francis talking to King Edward , Amanda and Edward dancing , Prince George entertaining some nobles and the Midford Children looking around. But this just brought an even more foul taste to Peter.

He was sick of keeping up appearances. He wanted it to end soon ... Until -

"Well , well , if it isn't (Y/n) Phantomhive" King Edward said happily seeing (Y/n) arrive.

People kept their distance , but there also those who were happy she came- Notably the Midford's and the King.

"Well look at that , it seems (Y/n) came" Emily said happily. "Alice , let's go-" she stopped talking upon seeing Alice who was in pure terror. "Alice ?"

"T-that ... Isn't ... (Y/n)" the girl stammered in her words. Emily became worried on her sister's expression.

(Y/n) then walked right where the King is and curtsied. He was delighted that his special visitor came. "I'm happy you've arrived (Y/n) , I thought you couldn't make"

She gave a large grinned to the King. An eerie and unsettling grin to the eyes of others.

"Oh look at the time , its now a minute before the New Year !" King Edward exclaimed. "Come everyone , let us all head out in the courtyard to witness the Fireworks display" he then rose from his seat and went to the balcony long with the Midford's and (Y/n). The guests went to the courtyard , excited on what will happen.

There was only 10 seconds left ... Everyone then began the countdown.

"10 ... 9 ... 8 ..."

(Y/n) still kept on smiling , while Alice kept her distance from her cousin. The girl stood behind the King , glaring at him from behind.

"7 ... 6 ... 5 ..."

(Y/n) rose her skirt , and grabbed something from beneath her dress which caught the Attention of Edward and George

"4... 3... 2 ..."

(Y/n) pulled out a Hand shotgun Revolver and pointed it behind at the King's head which now caught the attention of everyone.

"1"

Bang !