♤|41|♤

In Alexis' last will and testament , he divided the property to his family , giving them what fits to be theirs.

He left his money and treasures to his wife Francis , knowing it will be safe with her.

The family ring and his position is to none other than his Son Edward, giving him full responsibility on governing what Alexis used to control.

He left his sword to Edgar , believing that his only Grandson will be able an outstanding knight and swordsman , and used it to protect his family and love ones

He left Emily his collection of books , knowing that the girl's thirst for knowledge and discovery is limitless , it will give her satisfaction on every page she flips.

Alice was given none other than the deed of the mansion , and other lots that Alexis has... The girl may be young , but one day she will be the last one left who will take care of their home.

Lastly , (y/n)....

"When Lizzie , your mother - died , she never said to whom she would leave her belongings... Father took liberty on taking the custody over all her possessions incuding what's inside her room" Edward explained , as (y/n) looked around at the room she was in.

"He made the area restricted to anyone , he didn't want any person damaging Lizzie's possessions ... He wanted it to be the same when she left it ... But now..."

(Y/n) turned her attention back to her uncle as he continued on speaking.

"(Y/n) , all this ... Everything found in this room is yours.." He lastly said.

"All mine ?" (Y/n) muttered. She looked around , these were all her mother's possessions. This was the room where her mother raised her early in the years. In fact , she looked at the small crib where her mother would use to lay her. Nostalgia hit her hard.

But would it really be a good idea to take all of this and carry it back to the mansion ? Even if this was now hers , it felt wrong taking a dead persons possession away from its orginal place. It felt as if she disrespected her mother. But it might be disrespect as well to just ignore all what's left behind.

(Y/n) decided to only take a few things , no need to take large furniture and ornaments. It would be best to take the small yet meaningful ones.

It was hard though on what to choose. This were things that her mother shared with her , some she had already forgotten...

But...

"I think , I'll take these" (Y/n) said her eyes locked onto what she has chosen.

■■■■■■

The Midford's were outside the mansion to bid farewell to (y/n).

"Emily , thank you for taking care of me" (y/n) said to her cousin.

"Its what cousins do" Emily smiled. "You better be ready (y/n) , soon I might surpass you" she said with a wink.

"I'll be on alert" she replied with a grin.

(Y/n) turned to her little cousin who was whimpering.

"You'll come back right ?" Alice squeaked, not wanting to see (y/n).

"Don't worry , I'll come and visit when I'm not busy" (y/n) reassurred her cousin as she patted her head. Alice returned it by giving (y/n) a hug. "Alice..." (y/n) hugged the girl back.

"Take care of yourself" Amanda said.

"I will" (y/n) turned to her Grandmother , who managed to return back to her stern persona. "Grandma ... I-"