The War has Started!

Maris

I want to help her I want to share her pain but she won't let me in. Those walls that surrounds her have grown so strong in past few days that it seems impossible to break them.

It has been a week since we return from the coven and Stella came to know the truth. The way Stella just got up and locked herself in the guestroom in the coven after talking to Selena I was terrified. I was scared of the possibility of her turning all cold and reserved.

And the next day she just came out of her room with that emotionless face of her's and I, Stella and Selena had a meeting about the war possibilities and vampires taking part in the war too.

Selena agreed and assured us that the vampires will always be on our side and that she will do anything for Stella.

Her love and care for Stella felt genuine. It was like she really missed her baby sister. But I am no one to tell that to Stella .Atleast not now that I am myself walking on thin ice.

Since that day all she did was training. She literally sleeps in the gym most of the time.

I wish, when that day Stella told me about her feelings I had returned it with a kiss but instead I told her that she should be sure about this and should think before she speaks.

What a jerk I am.

Everything is going wrong in our relationship and I can't do anything. It's like Stella is going far away from me gradually and I can do nothing about that.

"You can Maris". Tethys, my wolf said.

"But how Tethys"?

"I don't know that yet but I am sure if we think we will find a way".

"I don't know Tethys, I'm just so confused"

"What are you Maris? It's not going to happen I will not see my mate go away while you just keep sitting here doing nothing. If you want to give up fine but let me tell you that I will never give up on her. I'll try to win her until she is mine".

" Oh god! I am sorry Tethys how can I give up so easily? You are right, there's always a way. We can't let Stella go away from us, she is our mate. And what a bad mate I am .If she is in trouble I should try to get her out other than giving up".

This was the reason I didn't wanted Stella to be a part of all this. I know how cruel this world is. And that she'll have to let the monster within her take control or she won't be able to survive.

But at the same time I know that I can't change the faith so why not just co-operate with it.

I don't care bout' the world, and I know that no matter what I'll always be with Stella all my life. I'll always support her no matter what her decision is.

Cause we are mates and we are meant to understand each other.

"Yes Maris we can't give up". Tethys encouraged.

"We won't".

And with that I rushed to the training field where I was sure that I'll find my Stella.

Stella

Hundred, hundred and two.....

I was doing some warmup in the pack gym before starting the training.

So much was going around that it just felt extremely hard to take in. After I said Alex that I know that I am adopted he was shocked. He said that he was sorry about not telling me earlier.

He wanted to tell me the reason of not ever telling me the truth but I stopped him.

I was not angry on Alex or my adoptive parents for hiding the truth from me on the other hand I was grateful to them for keeping good care of me and always making me feel loved even when I was not their own.

I was not even mad at Maris after thinking for a while about him I came to the conclusion that it was not his fault. Even he has some insecurities and trust issues like me. Even his past was not all bed of roses.

I had no complaints with anybody but my faith.

"Responsibilities are gifts, cherish them if you want to get cherished". I jumped with surprise as that mysterious voice which was gone at least I thought it was gone reverberated in my mind.

The voice was as clear as crystal and this time I knew that the voice was of none other than my mother, the moon goddess herself.

Before I can think about the meaning of the sentence the door to the gym burst open and standing there was my mate

Before I could say anything he ran towards me chanting the word sorry over and over again.

"I am sorry Stella I shouldn't have because like that. I am sorry just don't be mad at me it's killing me inside I lo- ".

Before he could finish or I could say him that it's fine and I am not mad at him the door to the room again burst open and this time it almost broke. Standing on the other side was a worriers of our pack.

The Worrier whose name I think was jack looked pale. Sweat was dripping from his forehead and pure fear was evident on his face.

"The war has started"! And those words were enough for me and Maris to grab our weapons and jump out in the battlefield.

The battlefield in which everything is fair, the battlefield where the blood of your enemy is the most intoxicating drink, the battlefield where you either win everything or lose everything, the cursed battlefield.

I glanced at Maris and as our eyes met we both said in unison.

"The war has started".