Chapter 7: Work?

|Every rose has its thorn. Just like every night has it's down.|

Alaïa's pov:

School ended and i was waiting for Xander in the parking lot. Tyler, Adelisa and Hailey already went home.

I waited for like 10 minutes before Xander finally show up. One of his hand was in his pocket while the other one was on his shoulder holding the bag's straple.

"Sorry coach held us more for practise." He apologied.

"That's ok." I said.

"Let's go."

We then made our way to his house. The road we took was quiet and a bit windy but it remained me of how it was in my old neighbourhood. When i stood on my balcony, there was always fresh wind like these one.

"The weather is changing that's why it's a bit windy today." Xander said his hand stuffed in his pocket.

"I like it, it reminds me of my old neighbourhood." I said and he chuckled.

"Why did you moved out?" He asked genually interested.

"Family problem. My grandma is not really fond of my parents." I said and he nodded.

After a few more minutes, we reached his house. His house was not too small or big. He took his keys and open the door. One of the lights were on when we walked in.

"Mom. I'm home." Xander yelled.

"I'M IN THE KITCHEN" His mom yelled back.

We walked into the kitchen and saw his mom cooking. It was really smelling good and the kitchen was a complete mess. She turned toward us and looked at Xander shocked.

However she covered it immediately by coming to hug me. "Sorry for the mess. I didn't know we were expecting someone."

"That's ok." I said hugging her back.

"Mom that's Alaïa, one of my classmate. We have a project to complete." Xander explained and his mom nodded.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Sinclair." I said and she chuckled.

"Call me Nina dear. Mrs sinclair makes me feel too old." She said and i nodded.

"Alright then i won't take much of your time, i already made dinner so i will be in my room if any of you two needs me." She said and Xander nodded.

"You are not working today right?" Xander asked his mom concerned.

"No. Tomorrow i need to go early in the morning." She explained and Xander sighed.

"Good at least you can relax for the night." He said and his mom nodded.

"But do you work tonight?" His mom asked.

He works?

"I don't know my boss will inform me later." Xander said and Nina nodded.

"Let's go in my room." Xander said and i nodded.

He walked first upstairs and i followed him. Nina remained in the kitchen and i guess she was going to clean the kitchen.

He opened his room and we stepped in. His room was not too big or too small. He has many drawings on his wall and some photo frames too.

"Wow did you draw all these pictures?" I asked looking around.

"Yeah. Some of the drawings were made by my sister too. She really had a talent for drawings." He said in a distant voice.

"You have a sister?" I asked and he nodded.

"Had" he corrected me.

"Oh sorry i didn't kno-

"It's okay not everyone know about it." He said and i nodded.

"How old was she?" I asked curiously.

"She was my twin." He said face stone cold and my eyes widened.

Damn...

"Anyway let's start the essay." He said and i nodded.

We sat on his bed and started our work. I was surprise that he easily open up with me and talked freely. He wasn't the same Xander that the school knew. At school he was more silent and self cold, here he was more talkative and more open.

-----

When we finished it was already late. Xander phone vibrated and he checked it. He didn't even unlock it and put it aside.

"Well that's done." He said and i nodded.

"We can submit it tomorrow." I said and he shrugged.

"Yeah that would be fine." He said and laid on his bed.

"Are you going to work tonight?" I blurt out and he looked at me blankly.

"Yeah. My boss just texted me." He said briefly. Something tells me that he didn't wanted to talk about it.

"What do you work?" I asked anyway.

I'm too curious for my own good.

"I don't really tell anyone where i work." He said and i frowned.

"Why?"

"Because." He said dryly.

"Doesn't your mom know about it?" I asked.

"NO. Now stop with all these questions." He said and i rolled my eyes.

I looked at my phone and saw it was already 6:30 pm. I knew mom and dad wasn't home yet since i didn't receive any text messages from them. I put my phone in my bag and turned to Xander. He was already looking my way.

"I think i should leave now." I said.

"Alright we'll take my car." He said and i nodded.

We packed all our stuffs and made our way downstairs. His mom was in the living room watching t.v.

"Mom. I'm going to drop Alaïa home." Xander informed her mom and she turned toward us.

"What! Already? Alaïa can stay for dinner." His mom suggested but i denied.

"No Nina it's o-"

"Ok if that's what you want." Xander shrugged and i looked at him unsure.

"What? I'm hungry." He said making his mom chuckled.

"Let's have dinner then." His mom smiled.

Xander grabbed my backbag and tossed it on one of the coach.

"Hey! Easy with the bag. It's not a ball." I said and he chuckled.

"The dinning room is this way." He said pointing at the other room. I sighed and made my way there. He remained in the living room for a few more minutes before joining us.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)