Chapter 21: Infirmary

|Never forget who was with you from the start.|

Alaïa's pov:

It was already monday morning and we were getting ready.

I already had breakfast and i was helping mom to clean up

"Are you all ready?" Tyler asked coming downstairs.

"Yeah." We replied.

"Let's go then."

We walked to his car and sat down. This time Adelisa sat beside me while Hailey went in the front. Since what's happen on Saturday, Adelisa had been shy around Tyler. Tyler looked confused when Hailey sat beside him but he didn't say anything. He drove us school and the ride was silent. When we reached, he parked and we stepped out of his car.

When we were making our way to our locker, We got many looks and whispers.

"What's going on?" Adelisa murmured beside me.

"I don't know but we will find out soon." Tyler said looking around. We ignored everyone and walked to our locker. We waited for like 5 minutes, before Grayson showed up. He looked tensed.

"What is it?" I asked noticing his blank look. He was always happy and energetic.

"The whole school know that you went on a date with Xander. This morning during the practise, Chase walked to Xander and they had a fight." Grayson explained and my eyes widened.

"That explain why everyone was looking at us." Adelisa said and Grayson nodded.

"Our team is safe right?" Tyler asked worried.

"Yeah. Chase punch first so he is at fault. Coach gave him his first warning and he can't participate in the practises for 3 days." Grayson explained and Tyler sighed in relieved.

"Where is Xander?" I asked.

"In the infirmary. You should check up on him. He was very pissed off when he was sent to the infirmary." Grayson said and i nodded.

"I'll see you all at lunch." I said and they nodded. I walked to the infirmary and got many stares on my way. I noticed the East Grove near the infirmary leaning against the wall. They were all here except for Chase. I was really hoping the fight didn't go too far and that they were both okay.

I felt them staring at me as i walked in. The room was divided with curtains.

"I don't want to put anything on it." A familiar voice snapped.

"You have to. Or else it will be infected."

I walked to the source of the screamings and found Xander. He was sitting on one bed while the nurse was trying to put the medcine on his wound.

"I'll do it." I said and Xander looked up at me. He seems relieved and i can tell he didn't wanted to be here. The nurse looked briefly at me then nodded clearly fed up of Xander's attitude.

"Everything is in the kit. I'll be in the back with the other boy." She said and i nodded. She handed me the cotton with the medcine and walked out. I dropped my bag at the end of the bed and went directly to his face. Again, his lips were cut and there was a bruise forming on his cheek. He didn't look that bad.

"What happen?" I asked softly as i wiped the blood of his lips.

"He send his friend to look after you." He said coldly and my eyes snapped to his.

"H-he is spying on us?" I asked shocked.

"On you. He was the one who saw us saturday and he spread rumours that i was sleeping with you just because i saw you with Evan." He said clentching his fist. I noticed he has blood on his knuckles too and i grabbed his hand.

"Why did he punch you first?" I asked and he chuckled darkly.

"He's not the only one who can play with people's nerves." He said and i sighed. I took more cotton an wet them with the medcine before passing it on his knuckles. He hissed in a pain.

"Sorry." I said as i do it again. This time he squeezed my hand tightly. Once i finished i took the bandage and put it around his knuckles.

"How did you know i was here?" He asked.

"Grayson told me and i came." I said and he nodded.

"Thank you." He said after a while and i nodded.

"No problem." I replied.

"Alright you look good. You can leave now." The nurse said coming back to us. "Thanks for the help young lady."

Xander stood up and pick up his bag which was near the table. I grabbed mine and we walked outside. The East Grove was still there. They glared at Xander and Xander did the same.

We walked away and went to the back field. There was still time before the bell rang. Again, we got many stares and whispers.

"This shit is seriously getting on my nerves." Xander hissed angrily. "It's your first year here and i already made you got so many problem."

I turned to him and saw him looking away angrily. He was blaming himself for something that he didn't even say. I put my hand on his shoulder." It's only rumours Xander. It will eventually stop. You don't need  to take everything upon yourself."

"It's really messed up. Due to the morning fights, the coach call our parents to inform them. Now my mom must be worried thinking about me. She can't leave her work to come here and i'm sure she's stressing herself. I am really hoping she won't fall sick again." Xander said punching the bench. I jumped due to the sound that it made.

"You're going to hurt yourself again!" I said grabbing his wounded knuckles. I just bandaged it and there was some more blood coming out."You can call her and tell her you are okay."

"I already call her but i know how she is. She will only be relieved once she saw i'm good." He explained and i sighed.

"And you can't leave the school either." I said and he nodded frustrated.

"Thank to that dumbass" he hissed angrily.

The bell rang and he sighed.

"We need to go to class." He said as he stood up. I nodded and stood up. We didn't have class together so he decided to walk me to my class even when i told him i would be fine. Then he walked all the way to his class which was in the other building.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
;)
Love ya