Chapter 9: Her threats

|Treat me like a game and i'll show you how it's played.|

Alaïa's pov:

The next morning we came to school early again. Tyler and Grayson left for practise while the girls and i were walking around.

"So what exactly did you do yesterday?" I asked.

"Oh we invited Grayson over since Hailey forced us a-"

"I didn't force you. I just suggested it."

"-And we played truth and dare in pairs and once again, Tyler and i let Grayson be with Hailey" Adelisa said and i chuckled.

"So you like him." I said to Hailey and she looked away ignoring us.

"Oh come on you can tell us." I said.

"It's obvious they like each other. Grayson can't keep talking about Hailey to Tyler and here Hailey can't keep her eyes off him." Adelisa said in a duh tone and Hailey glared at her.

"Do not" Hailey argued.

"Yeah we believe you." Adelisa said sarcastically.

"You should!" Hailey stated.

"Well well well look who we have here."

We turned around and saw Cynthia with two other girls. I think their names were Ruby and Jade.

"So i heard that someone told Xander about me ruining the gym equipement." She said with a fake smile

"Oh so you ruin the gym equipment." I said faking a gasp. She raised an eyebrow and looked at me suspiciously.

"Don't play little girl. Just admit you say it." She ordered.

"For your information, you just admit ruining the equipment. I didn't said anything." I stated dryly.

"Shut up! I know you told him about it. He came toward me angrily and started to warn me about the consequences i will face if i approach him again." She screeches.

"Well sorry but you are to be blame for that one not me." I shrugged.

"I don't know what you put in his mind but i swear i will make your stay here a living hell. You stole my Xander from me and i will make you pay for that." She treatened.

Her threats were of no use against me. I wasn't scare of her or of her threats. My dad always tell me to face my difficulties. I wasn't a coward and i surely won't let her bully me.

"Ok listen Cynthia. I am being really nice to you since i came here. I don't know you and you definitly don't know me. Even if i told Xander about what you did, i have no regrets cause I did the right thing." I said and she glared at me.

"Just wait and watch Knight. I will make your life a living hell." She said before turning on her heels and walked away.

"What was all that about?" Adelisa asked once Cynthia was out of sight.

I sighed and explained everything to them. They were shocked at first a Cynthia's behaviour but then they were angry at her.

"She did all that and she still think she is right?" Hailey asked and i shrugged.

"Do Xander know about that?" Adelisa asked and i shake my head no.

"I don't think Cynthia will let Xander know about all her doings to impress him." I said and they chuckled.

The bell rang and we went to our class. When i entered in the class, Cynthia and her friends were already there.

Not surprising at all....

I walked to my place and sat down. The essay i made yesterday at Xander's place was infront of me. I read it once again and i removed some words in it. The chair beside me pulled back and i looked up.

My eyes widened when i looked at Xander.

"What happen to you?" I asked eyeing the bruise on his cheek. His knuckles were bruised too.

"Nothing." He replied blankly and sat down. He had his hoodie's cap on and it was hiding the bruise. I could tell he wasn't the same Xander as he was last night. He was back to his cold self.

Too bad i already saw his soft spot..

"Did you fight in the morning?" I asked but he ignore me.

"Did you at least put some ice on it?" I asked and again no answer.

The teacher came in and the class remained silent. She collected all our work and told us to do something while she correct it. This time, Xander was just looking at his notebook which was still closed. He wasn't drawing or anything.

I wanted to ask him one more time about his bruise but i know that will make him more angry and irritated so i keep quiet. I glanced at him occasionally to see him sitting idle.

"Are you going to talk?" I asked and he just looked at me briefly before looking at his notebook again.

"The East Grove team are coming today. Do not trust any of them. They might seems cool but they can be really trouble maker. You are new here so be really careful and do tell your friends about it. They can try to trap you in their group." He said completely ignoring my questions. However, this did caught my attention.

"Why would they try to trap me?" I asked confused.

"They do that to new comers all the time. Some do fall for them while some did escape them." He explained.

"How will they know i'm new? They can't remember all the student's faces." I said and he shake his head no.

"They always know. They have some friends here that watched for them and i know they know about you." He said and i just looked at him shocked.

"I already put my number in your mobile phone. Just call me when something wrong happen or if you need me." He stated.

There was soo many questions in my head right now that i wanted to ask him. How did he manage to get my phone?

"Why are you telling me all that?" I managed to ask and he shrugged.

"You warned me about Cynthia and i am warning you about the East Grove. We are even." He said and i simply nodded. He clearly just wanted to tell me about them so that we are even. It's not like he was going to become my friend. Like Grayson said he doesn't like to make friends.

A/N

Vote
comment
Share
follow
;)