Chapter 16: Dating?

|Human hearts are not made of stone. They can break and heal and beat again...|

Alaïa's pov:

I managed to wrap the bandage cleanly around his arms and throw away the bloody cotton i used.

"What do we do with that?" I asked showing him the towel fill with blood.

"Throw it away. Mom can't find out." He said and i nodded. I throw it in the bin and help him clean the sink. I didn't saw that the water fell on the ground and when i walked on it, i slipped. I waited for the hard impact on the ground but it didn't happen. Xander had his arms wrapped around my waist holding me in place. He clentched his jaw and that's when i noticed he used his injured hand.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I said stepping away from him.

"No it's ok." He said as he try to flex his arm.

"Don't do that. It will bleed!" I said holding his arms.

"I didn't expect that."

We both froze when we heard another voice in the kitchen. Our heads snapped to the door and were met with Nina. She was looking at us smirking.

"Mom? You are home early." Xander said and Nina chuckled.

"My bad i should have told you before coming here. But then your secret would have been hidden for too long." She stated seriously causing Xander and i to glance at each other.

Did she know about Xander's fight?

"Why do you mean mom?" Xander asked.

"That you two are dating. Look at you two. You have your arm wrapped around her and you are half naked. I don't need to be a teenager to understand what's happening." She chuckled making our eyes widened.

What the heck!

The way i was standing in front of Xander was like as if he had his arm around me but it wasn't like that. I was kinda hidding his injured arm from Nina's sight and i guess Xander noticed that too because he didn't move.

A light gasped escaped my lips when Xander really reached out and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to his side.

"Well mom yeah you are right. I shouldn't have hide it from you." Xander said making me looked at him shocked. He looked down at me and he squeezed the side of my waist as if telling me to play along.

"Uh y-yeah. Sorry Nina. I told him to wait before telling you." I said looking at Nina. However, she didn't seems to mind it as she squealed and come toward us.

"Oh my gosh." She hugged me and i feel so bad for lying to her. She genually seems happy for Xander. But wait what does that mean? She is happy he finally got a girlfriend or is she happy because it's me? I'm going to go for the first reason.

"I'm sorry if i interupted anything." She said amused and Xander groaned.

"Mom stop." He pleaded.

"What? I came in a bad time. Anyway i'm going upstairs in my room. Continue what you were doing but please clean up after. Ok?" She winked at us and i felt my cheeks heat up.

"Mom!" Xander warned but she smiled innocently.

"I'm going to drop her home. It's quite late." He said and his mom frowned.

"She can stay if that's what you guys had plan for tonight. I don't mind." She said but i shake my head no.

"No. My mom is waiting for me at home." I said and she nodded.

"Ok but Xander please wear a shirt before going there. Show them i raised a gentleman." Her mom said and Xander stared blankly at his mom.

"Mom!"

"Alright alright i'm done. See you another time Alaïa." She smiled and i nodded. She walked upstairs and i turned to Xander.

"I'm so sorry about my mom." He said and i shake my head no.

"No it's ok but you have to tell her the truth. She seems happy about it. She will be heartbroken if she learn it's all fake." I said and he sighed.

"I know. But for now let me to grab a shirt and i'll drop you home." He said.

"Will you be able to drive?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. I barely feel any pain now." He shrugged.

He grabbed the hoodie from the floor and went upstairs. I waited for him in the kitchen. His mom came back down and smiled when she saw me.

"I'm glad he choose you Alaïa. I'm very happy for him. He can be cold hearted sometimes but deep down he is just hurt. Don't give up on him sweetie." Her mom said and i really feel bad for lying to her.

"Promise me you won't give up on him sweetie. He can be hard but he is good. It takes time for him to open up to anyone. He usually tell his sister everything but unfortunately he can't anymore and he won't open to me either. I know why i'm telling you this Alaïa, You don't seems like those type of girl that give up easily and i know you will look after him." She said warmly and it was hard for me now.

"I-i promise not to give up on him." I said and she smiled. She hugged me tightly like my mom usually does and i hugged her back.

"I know you will hold onto your promises." She said whole heartedly.

"Let's g- everything's good?" Xander asked coming down. We pulled away and nodded at him.

"Yeah." Her mom said.

"Alright then let's go."

His mom accompany us to the car like the previous time. She seems happy and contented. Xander seems to notice the changes but didn't say anything.

The ride home was silent but it was a comfortable silence. It was like we were both lost in our thoughts. Whatever his mom said was still playing in my mind.

He parked and i unbuckled my seatbelt.

"I owe you big for today. My mom seems happy for a long time and i don't know how to feel about it." He said lowly. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah." I said confused and he nodded.

"I owe you an explaination about what happen tonight and i was thinking maybe we can talk about it over lunch?" He asked and i was surprised.

He was asking me out?

"Yeah that would be okay." I said and he nodded.

"I'll text you tomorrow." He said and i nodded. I stepped out of the car and closed the door. He waited for me to entered in before driving away.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)