Chapter 29:The next morning

|Roses are red, tomatoes are redder. I think we both know I like you way better.|

Alaïa's pov:

I woke up this morning due to the lights in my room. I didn't want to open my eyes as i was feeling so warm and cozy. I moved my arm to hug my pillow and i hissed in pain when my arm started to burn.

The bed moved and i felt a hand on my cheeks. I opened my eyes and i was met with a pair of blue eyes. He was looking at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" He asked his voice husky. I was laying by his side his hand wrapped around my waist. That's why i felt so warm, it was the heat coming from his body.

"M-my arm's burning a little." I said and he frowned.

"Mom said it would hurt when you wake up. But some painkillers will help it. Stay here, i will go and grab them." He said and i nodded.

So his mom knows?

He removed his hand from my waist and stood up. He didn't say anything about our the position we were in and he left. I sat down leaning on the headboard and looked down at myself.

I was in a large white shirt that reached my thigh and my arm was bandaged. The blanket were covering my bare legs. I don't remember anything that happen after Xander caught me in his arms. He looked so worried and scared. I never thought that he would care so much.

"Here."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Xander. He handed me the pill and a glass of water. I gulped everything and put the glass on the table.

"You should rest more. It will calm the pain." He said and i shake my head no.

"I'm okay. What happened yesterday?" I asked and he frowned.

"You don't remember anything?" He asked sitting on the edge near my legs.

"No. I just remember falling in your arms and that's all. What happened next?" I asked and he sighed.

"I brought you home. Mom was here so she looked after your wounds. She said you didn't need stitches since it wasn't too deep. You fainted due to the shock that's why you don't remember much." He explained and i nodded.

"So you told your mom everything?" I asked and he shake his head no.

"I only told her the parts she needed to know and she was pissed off when she learned that it was the one who punch me who did this to you." He said chuckling ,"I didn't told your mom through. She knows you are with me but she doesn't know that you were hurt."

Thank god he didn't told mom or she would have freaked out.

"Thank you for not telling her and thank you for yesterday. I don't know what would have happen if you didn't show up early." I said lowly avoiding his gaze. I looked down playing with my fingers.

"Look at me." He said lowly.

"Look at me Alaïa."

I looked up at him and he was looking at me with an unreadable emotion.

"You scared me yesterday. You were unconsious and i kept saying your name but you never response. I was constantly thinking it was my fault since Chase trap you to get me like he did to Claudia. It was eating me inside." He said looking directly in my eyes ,"you don't even have an idea how happy i am that you are awake and that you are okay."

"It wasn't your fault Xander. You didn't know that he would do that to me." I said and he chuckled darkly.

"But i knew he would do something bad and i should have been more careful." He said and once again he was blaming himself for something he didn't do.

"Xander stop blaming yourself. You didn't do anything bad. It's because of you that i'm safe right now. You helped me." I said trying to make him understand. He looked away shaking his head. He stood up making his way to his window.

"Once again he hurt someone and i couldn't do anything. I couldn't protect my sister from him and yesterday he was going to do the same thing to you to remind me of that pain." He said his voice cracking.

I removed the blanket from my legs and walked toward him. I wrapped my arms around his waist hugging him from the back. I leaned my head on his back.

"You help me it wasn't your fault." I said and he sighed. He removed my arms around him and pulled away. I thought he was going away but instead he hugged me tightly. He was careful not to hurt my arms.

He didn't talk and neither did i. After a few more seconds, he pulled away slightly and surprised me by kissing my forehead.

"I'll bring you some clothes so that you can change. I will make breakfast in the meanwhile downstairs and we need to change the bandage too." He said and i nodded.

I watched him leave the room but before going, he turned around and looked at me.

"You look cute in my shirt." He said and left after. I stood there with a smile on my lips.

----

I already changed in the clothes Xander bought me. I thought he would bring me his mom's clothes but  instead he bought Claudia, his sister clothes. I was hesitant to take it but he said it was okay.

 I was hesitant to take it but he said it was okay

Surprisingly it was my size. Once done, i walked downstairs and found him making breakfast.

"It smell good." I said walking closer to the oven.

"Hopefully it taste good too." He said and i chuckled. He looked at my outfit but didn't say anything, he turned back to the oven.

"Sit down. I'll serve you." He said and i nodded. I sat down by the counter and waited for him. He took the two plates he made and came near the counter. He put mine infront of me and put his in front of him. It looked yummy.

I took my first bite and it was really good

"Is it good?" He asked looking at me.

"It's yummy." I said and he chuckled.

"Glad you like it."

A/N

Vote
comment
Share
Follow
Love ya;)