ix. We've Grown Apart This Time I Can't Figure Out The Reason Why

Reader and Bakugou at the festival and reader keeps bumping into people in public.

Copycat - Vocacircus

"COME ON, YOU don't think she was involved in the attack, do you?" questioned Yamada, AKA, Present Mic. He put a hand on his slicked hair, confused.

"As of now, it's inconclusive. We haven't received much information from the villain's captured so far, but I'd like you and Aizawa to keep a close eye on her," requested Nezu, the principle.

"Yeesh. . . I don't know how much he's gonna like to hear that," said Vlad King, a little teasingly. "You know how protective he is of (Y/n)." The teachers at school already knew about her condition, and were sworn to secrecy. That included her history, gender, and familial relationship to Aizawa.

"I know, but even though it's been two weeks there haven't been any leads. (Y/n) already told us they mentioned her while was fighting with them, so we can assume she may wind up targeted at some point anyway," reasoned Nezu. "This is for her well being."

"Whose well being?" grumbled a scruffy Aizawa, still recovering from his injuries. He walked into the meeting room, stumbling to take a seat. "If it's about (Y/n), you can't hide it from me."

Vlad King and Present Mic looked at Nezu. The principle smiled. "Very well. I'd like you, no, all the year one teachers, to monitor her more closely." Aizawa already had his hands in a fist, which Nezu predicted.

"Before you get upset, I'm not saying we treat her as a suspect. I know she's as much of a victim as the other 1-A students, but it may be safer for her. We have no idea when the League Of Villains will strike next. When they do, (Y/n) may wind up in the crossfire."

"Think of it as taking precautions," said Midnight.

"Yeah, just think of it as putting up more protection for (Y/n)!" Yamada finger gunned, grinning.

Aizawa paused for a second, making sure not to let his emotions get the best of him. "Okay. But if you do anything to her, I won't be happy."

• • •

SO FAR, ALL the games had been eventful. For the obstacle race, (Y/n) scored eleventh place out of forty two. Her quirk didn't allow her to stand out much so she had to rely mostly on physical strength. As for the Calvary battle, her team of Tsuyu, Shoji, and thou who shall not be named had gotten to the top four places, which meant she couldn't compete in the final tournament.

She did give Mineta and Kaminari a beat down for using her name as bait to lure the girls into dressing up as cheerleaders.

Todoroki felt, he didn't want to say bad. Maybe a little guilty at the way he spoke towards (M/n) earlier, but he had to make his intentions known. So he knew what would happen, but he felt that he just made it worse with that crush thing Fuyumi told him about.

Now when he saw the (h/c)nett with Bakugou or his other friends, smiling and laughing and joking, deep down he felt he wanted to be there with him. Heck, he didn't even realize he wanted the boy's attention on him instead of them.

He shook his head, reminding himself to snap out of it. His old man was watching, and Midoriya is the one Todoroki felt was the biggest threat to him at the moment.

So why did he still feel his chest drop whenever (M/n) looked at him and gave him that stupid smile? Not a competitive and confident kind, but the dumb, soft and bashful kind that he didn't give anyone else, even Bakugou. Why did he give him such a friendly look despite the obvious rivalry?

He didn't realize it yet, but he thought it was a cute smile. And that he took enough pride to get that genuine and soft kind from the boy that seemed to spark of soft energy, that maybe that's why he felt a little agitated the more he watched Bakugou and (M/n) converse.