xxii. It's Funny How Freedom Can Make Us Feel So Contained

Two updates in one day brings bad omens.

Waste - Foster The People

"SO WHAT THE fuck is going on?! Why are you here?! And WHY ARE YOU GUYS TREATING THIS DWEEB LIKE A PRISONER ALL OF A SUDDEN?!" demanded Bakugou, standing over the others who sat in chairs while (L/n) sat in a bed.

It was a regular room, like the ones in the hospital instead of earlier, which they found helped with cooperation. That wasn't without heavy security and absolutely nothing to be used as weapons, and Aizawa, Todoroki, a staff doctor he didn't care about, and Nezu. (L/n) laid in the bed, asleep, curled up like before but as close to Bakugou as she could be while he was standing up and somewhat furious.

"Well, it's been a few days since she awoke but," Aizawa trailed off, rubbing his neck.

"It seems she has no memory of anything that happened these past couple years!" said Nezu in his cheerful voice, but the news was hardly anything to smile at.

Todoroki turned, and stared at the floor.

"But she recognized me when she actually looked at me," Bakugou pointed out, crossing his arms.

"That's true, and we don't know why. Todoroki-Kun is here because he's close, and we thought he might help, but they haven't gotten the opportunity to interact because she's been so. . . violent, we thought it should be post-poned," replied the bear dog dude.

"And yet you called me here," he said.

"That's because," the noirnett seemed to hesitate. "She kept saying your name."

The blonde stiffened. "What?"

"She kept repeating it, like a mantra, but she didn't even seem to know what it means. And now that she's met you, she seems to have relaxed, even if she sort of passed out right away," Nezu chuckled nervously. "It's a much more significant reaction than we expected."

"But have you actually found out. . . anything?" He put his hands on his hips.

"Well, you mentioned the injection back when you two were taken hostage," said Nezu. "We believe that it may have caused it, maybe someone's quirk, or something scientific. But either way, what's done is done. As of now, we have found no way to reverse the affects."

The atmosphere suddenly took a grim tone. Todoroki glanced up, glimpsing up at the sleeping (L/n), who still looked tense even then.

Bakugou caught him staring. "Don't be creepy!" he pointed at him. "What, are you upset she remembers me and not you?"

"I absolutely did not insinuate that," replied Todoroki calmly.

"We haven't even determined that yet," Aizawa said. "However, it is. . .
looking unlikely. Hell, she didn't even remember me." He stood up, but his eyes seemed clouded. "It may be asking a lot, but we're hoping that with you around, (Y/n) might be less difficult. I know she's close with you, and I know you're a reliable student. I wouldn't ask this of you otherwise."

His serious tone alarmed Bakugou. But at the same time, it made his chest swell with pride. This was the second time he'd been entrusted with her, and by god he was fucking proud of himself.

"Tch! Obviously, someone's gotta be responsible for that idiot," he huffed. Fuck yeah, I'm amazing, everyone else isn't.

"Don't call her an idiot," Aizawa scolded. He and Nezu eventually stood up. "For now, just hang around. She's bound to wake up soon, there's a lot of things we need to test and check for."

"Whatever."

"We'll be outside, I don't care if you stay here or not," he waved them off and exited, closing the door. But maybe it wasn't a good idea to leave the two most competitive boys in the same room.