1 8

After Harley finally calmed down from her outburst, we explained what is going to happen and how nothing is going to change for a long time

After Harley finally calmed down from her outburst, we explained what is going to happen and how nothing is going to change for a long time. We asked her how she felt with knowing she's going to be a big sister. Me and happy are an only child so we don't know how Harley is actually feeling knowing she is going to have to share our time.

We ended up putting in pitch perfect 2 and ordering Chinese, I can see Happy was not happy with the film choice but he would settle it because Harley is happy singing away, about 20 minutes after we ordered our food the doorbell rang.

'That was quick' happy said getting up.

'I'll get it, I need to stretch my legs' I said standing up.

On my way to the door I picked up the money from the table, the doorbell rang again.

'I'm coming!' I shouted.

When opening the door the person i least expect is behind it. Why couldn't it have just been the Chinese delivery?

'Hello RoRo' She said smiling.

'Kathryn' I said shockingly calm.

'Aren't you going to invite me in? It is awfully cold out here' She said sarcastically.

'How do you know where I live?' I said still not moving from the door.

'I asked at the sons for happy, they said his with his old lady, I just couldn't wait to meet her. Didn't think it would be you'

'Why are you here? It's been 10 years'

'Hurry up Ro' Happy shouted.

'There's my son' she said pushing her way in.

Closing the door behind her when I realised she isn't going nowhere for a while, following her into the front room I see her freeze when reading the banner I made for Harley.

'Ma, what are you doing here?' Happy said getting up from the sofa and going to stand in front of his mum.

'I came to see you baby, when you text to say you had important news to tell me I couldn't wait' she said giving him a hug.

'Mum who is she?' Harley said pausing the tv.

I see Kathryn move away to look at Harley, the look on her face was priceless when she saw how much she looked like happy. I can see tears start to form while she covers her mouth. She starts to shake her head while looking back and forth between Happy and Harley.

'When did this happen?' She says looking at Happy.

'10 years ago ma, this is what I needed to talk to you about' He said

'So she wasn't lying. Oh no no no' she said crying harder then before

'Calm down ma, your heart can't take this' he said trying to calm her down.

She finally calmed down and then it settled in her mind that she called me a liar, she cut me out of her life when she could have spent 10 years with her granddaughter and now there's nothing she can do about it. She slapped the mother of her granddaughter. Her face dropped as soon as she must of realised it.

'Rosie baby, I'm so so sorry! If I knew tori was lying I wouldn't of been so rude to you, I wouldn't of missed 10 years, I'm so sorry!' She said starting to cry again.

I didn't know what to say? How can I forgive the woman who was someone I should of been able to depend on, how can I forgive the woman who turned her back on a 17 year old girl just because of rumours but on the other hand, she's Happys ma, she's Harley's gran. She is always going to be in my life no mater what. Even if I forgive her I don't have to forget what she said and done, I don't have any respect for the woman, I dislike her attitude and behaviour. It makes me question who she really is.

"Okay." I said, nothing more nothing less I'm not going to give her the satisfaction of my time. She's going to be in Harley and Happys life but doesn't mean I want her physically in mine anymore. I will be polite but I won't act like she's my second mother.

"I'll go and get the actual food now" Happy said when the doorbell rang again.

"Mum, you didn't answer me. Who is she and why was daddy hugging her?" Harley said whispering to me.

"She's your dads ma Harls, so she's your other granny" I said to her slowly so she processes it correctly.

"Granny?" She said confused.

"Yes baby, go say hello" I said nudging her over to Kathryn.

"Hello, I'm Kathryn your grandma" She said while going to hug Harls.

Harley is one of the most laid back children I know, she doesn't make much of a fuss. She just goes with the flow so when she gives Kathryn a hug and starts asking her questions and talking 20 miles per hour it doesn't surprise me.

"Look who I found out at the door Harls. It's granny" Hap said carrying the food followed by my ma.

"Granny!" Harley said excitedly.

"There's my big baby, are you excited to be a big sister?" Ma said ticking her.

"Yes! I hope it's a boy, so me and daddy can teach him how to play football and fix a bike. Wouldn't that be so good dad?" She said to ma and ended up talking to Happy.

"Mmhh, I need a son, there are too many girls taking over my life" he said dramatically.

"Congratulations son and RoRo" Kathryn said interrupting all of us.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Ma said finally noticing her.