Chapter 19

Essence

I stood in front of my full length mirror and ran my hands over my outfit. Since it was still a bit warm I wore a strapless body con floral print Maxi dress with some sandals. I played with my hair to make sure everything was perfect. Once I was satisfied I grabbed the gift I got for Christian, which was a couple of very expensive video games per his request.

I made sure to lock up my apartment before heading to the car I rarely use. It was my graduation gift from Andre. Crystal had already sent me the address so I just followed the directions to their house in upstate New York. It really was a decent drive and I hated every second of it. Traffic was insane. But I somehow made it about thirty minutes after the party started. I parked next to Rhi's car. If I knew she was coming I would've rode with her. Selfish bitch.

There was a sign on the front saying some through the side gate. I did and saw everyone in attendance. Most of them are people I didn't know. I'm guessing family on both sides. Crystal waved me over. I smiled and headed to her. "Hey!"

"You're late bitch," she scolded.

"It's New York. When are we ever on time?"

"True. But I'm glad you made it!"

"Where's Rhi? If I knew her hoe ass was going to be here I would've rode with her."

"I don't know. Bryson took one look at her outfit and dragged her out of the party."

"Wow. That's hard to believe." Rhi getting dragged away? I'm sorry I missed that. "So where are the babies?"

"Christian is in the bounce house with his school mates and Lee baby is right over there," she pointed. I looked to see where she was and regretted it so. She was in the arms of none other than Demetrius. I guess since her dad is on the grill she opted for the next best thing. My eyes narrowed at the girl that was obviously flirting with him.

"Who's that he's talking to?"

Crystal looked and rolled her eyes. "That hoe Krista. Should've known she'd be here."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because she's ALWAYS at some function she thinks Meechie will be at. She's been obsessed with him forever."

"Oh," I said narrowing my eyes at the way she freely touched his forearm.

"Yeah they had something going on back in the day before he left for Atlanta. It wasn't until he returned he completely cut her off." Not completely if she's here. "Her mom has been after their father for even longer. Even though he's whorish he knew better than to fuck that batty bitch."

"Whole family is a hoe," I mumbled sipping my drink. "Except AJ I guess."

"Oh don't exclude him. He's just a retired hoe. All men are hoes until they meet the one that makes them want to stop. I just so happen to be the one for AJ. I can accept his past as long as it doesn't resurface in the present or future. He knows I'll leave that ass quicker than he can blink."

"Only right," I said. "And you say he COMPLETELY cut her off right? They look pretty acquainted to me."

"Because unlike AJ's mean ass and Bryson's disrespectful ass Demetrius tries not to be a dick to women. Jessica would cut his ass open."

"Mm." I drank some more as I glared their way. It's one thing to not be mean and it's another to be nice. It's no such thing as cutting someone off completely if you're still being chummy with them. There's no need for the whole reunion speech. The more they talked the more annoyed I'd get. Does he not see that I'm here? He hasn't looked up once and it's pissing me off. If looks could kill he'd be dead ten times over.