Chapter 29

Author Announcement!!!

I know most people don't read these but please do! It's important I swear. Just a few things. Not sure how many of you saw my posts but I'll put them here too just in case.

For one, I'm thinking of discontinuing the 'Trappers' series. I'll keep what I have up but I'm not so sure about continuing the other books. They were all just filler books to let you guys know what the gang all went through after trapping. They were all going to be no more than twenty chapters so I don't think it's a waste. Unless you all still want to see what the gang is up to I'll debate keeping them going. They just won't be frequent/mainstream updates. I may come back to those books later but I have so many books I want to get out to you at once I'm not so sure 'Trappers' will make the cut. Don't get me wrong, I love Maria and the Hernandez sisters but it might be time to hang that one up. If there's enough interest I may continue it but it has to be more than a handful of people who really want it to make me start typing them again. 

And lastly, CURVES 2 will be coming soon! I just finished a rough outline and have the drama mostly figured out. I've changed my mind on this book a million and one times but I promise this time I'm for real! Work is slowing down so I may be able to pull off updating both books simultaneously. Guarded Love should be over in the next ten to fifteen chapters so I don't think I have too much to worry about. But be warned, drama is what's going to start this book. I'll literally pick up where we left off and dive right into it. So if you haven't read Curves go ahead and do so or wait until I have an actual publishing date set for the second. If you think you need to refresh your memory, go ahead and read it again. This book is going to be nothing but drama with twists and turns throughout so I hope you're ready. It's also going to be a decent length book. Much longer than the 1st I presume. 

That's all I have to say! Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my little note. As a thank you, I'll update two chapters for you all. Enjoy!

Essence 

"And done," I sighed filing the last of my paperwork. I was finally all caught up with my work. So much so I won't have much to any worries when I get back. It's been a few weeks and time for me to go home for the holidays. I was excited because I haven't been able to attend Thanksgiving with my family for the past couple years. People get crazy around the holidays and I'm normally booked up with clients. 

This year I got lucky and any court dates I have are scheduled after the holidays. I was also kind of nervous because Demetrius would be coming with me and the last thing I want is a repeat of the last Thanksgiving dinner I was able to go to. I brought Jermaine and of course my brothers didn't like him nor did they make the stay easy on anyone. Jermaine had been walking on eggshells the entire stay. I just want to be able to have a nice family dinner for once. 

Demetrius was pretty excited to go even though I've warned him about my hard to please brothers. He's clearly not worried so I've been anxious for the both of us. For one, it's kind of hard to define our relationship. We've spent a lot of time together the past few weeks and I do like him. But I'm not so sure if I can consider us together or not. I was too afraid to ask him so we've been going with the flow.