Comfort

Tord Pov:

I run as fast as I can with tears blinding my eyes so I just keep my head down as I try not to sob. I don't know where I'm going, but I just can't be with Tom right now... I've never felt this horrible with Tom here, what's wrong?!

I then run into someone which I try to get away from until I hear a familiar voice say, "Oh my god Tord! Are you okay?!" I look up to see Pat (Who is much taller than me) I can't help but just start sobbing and slam my crying face into his chest, gripping his shirt with both hands. Pat wraps his arms around me and soothingly rubs my back. "It's okay Tord... Shhhh..."

Pat Pov:

With the state Tord's in I forget that I'm supposed to call him Red Leader... As I try to comfort Tord, Paul then appears from the room I was close to entering, Paul then looks at Tord and says, "Tord?!" Paul runs over and helps me comfort him. Paul apparently forgets as well.

The comforting somehow works since Tord stops crying and instead just grips on to me tighter then whispers, "I love Tom... Why doesn't he love me?..."

Paul and I look at each other with a look that shows "we know" and "He's realizing something" at the same time before Paul says, "It'll get better Tord-" Our faces go white when Paul calls Tord his real name since we just remembered we aren't allowed to call him that, but instead of a gun to the head by Tord, we only receive peaceful silence from Tord. We probably keep saying it because Tord only ever got upset like this in high school so we forgot that he isn't our Tord anymore, but I guess Tords too upset to threaten us right now.

"I don't know what to do..." Tord whispers. "My mind and body are fighting against each other and the war won't stop..." Tord looks up at us. "Part of me wants to stay away from him forever while the other end of me needs him and can't live without him..." Tord looks down with tears. "I'm scared and it hurts..." Tord then buries his face back into my shirt which makes Paul and I look at each other. We give each other a look that says, "What should we do?"

After a minute of silence and deep thought, I look down at Tord and say, "Tom just needs time Tord.. He needs space..." Tord looks up at me. "Try just acting as a friend or at least just be a normal level of romantic for a bit before going all in on him. He isn't ready for love."

Tord looks down to the side before saying, "That's going to be hard..."

"Of course it will be, but you're the type of person to never give up. I mean, you built such a large army all by yourself and you did it from perseverance and hope! I know so many people who wouldn't have been able to do that!" Paul says to Tord, which Tord looks at him then down again.

"I'll try..." Tord whispers.

"Try your hardest and even when the time comes when you think you can't do it, know that we're rooting you on!" I say.

Tord nods and then quietly says, "Thanks you guys..."

"We're always here for you," Paul says.

Paul and I hug Tord and he surprisingly hugs back.