The Fair

We had 3 days left of our summer. Today and tomorrow we could do something, but Sunday I had a soccer game, which was rather strange ‘cause the soccer season didn’t start until 2 weeks into the school year… So why on earth would we have it a day BEFORE school started?
Well I didn’t care. What I cared about was today and tomorrow. Today were going to a fair. And I was so unbelievably excited! I pulled out a pair of my bleached denim shorts and a blue tanktop. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. What should I do with my hair? It was still wavy from when I got out of the shower. I’m too lazy to really do anything with it. I grabbed my cell and a some money in shoved it in my back pocket. Bryce would be here any minute!

I walked out the door, locking it behind me, just as Bryce pulled up to my house. “You ready babe?” he yelled from the driver’s side window.

“Yeah!” I jogged over and jumped in to his truck.

*~*~*

We pulled up to the fair, and the smell of cotton candy and corndogs spilled in throught the open windows. We walked up the stone path that led to the fair grounds. I was so excited, I could hardly stand it!

Bryce reached for my hand and swung it back and forth as we walked up to buy tickets. He paid for both of us even though I brought my own money. We passed rides, games, snack booths and whole bunch of other things. The first one that caught my eye was the small “Haunted House”. I dragged Bryce behind me, handing the guy the tickets. Bryce and I sat next to each other and the cart pushed forward. We entered a dark room illuminated by a strobe light. Bryce put his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into him, creeped out by the strange ride already. That was one thing bout me, I’m a wimp when it comes to anything scary! Good thing I got Bryce here to protect me.

I heard a strange moan just as we rounded a corner, a “zombie” jumped out at me. I screamed an hid my face in my hands. I peaked in between my fingers, just as I ginormous “spider” dropped down and landed in my lap. I screamed even louder, pushing the hairy eight legged stuffed creature off me. Why on earth did I pick this ride?!

By the time we got to the third scary thing I was already holding onto Bryce hyperventilating. It didn’t help that a guy with a chainsaw came at us.

When the ride came to an end I was shaking, Bryce was chuckling as was the guy who was working the ride.

“Why on earth would you let me go on that!” I asked Bryce franticly.

“Because it’s so cute the way you freak out. And it’s a fast way to get you into my arms. He said with a cocky grin.

I playfully punched his arm, “Oh shut up!”

We walked up to the next ride, which was spaceship 3000.  We stood along against the wall waiting for the ride to fill up. This was my favorite ride. It would spin so fast that you would be forced against the wall. You didn’t need to be buckled in. You could go upside down as it spun around and you would stay in place. I heard the ride let out that familiar starting noise.

“You ready?” Bryce asked.

“Of course!” I said, as the ride started to turn, faster and faster. My long hair was blown to my side as it picked up speed. It was at maximum speed, which meant it was time to have some fun. I pushed myself up so that my feet were no longer on the ground, but a good two feet off the ground. I turned my body sideways so that as it spun I was leaning sideways against the wall.

“Hey Bryce! Jealous?” I shouted above the noise. This was so much fun! I heard Bryce’s familiar warm laughter rise above the noise. Some probably thought we were acting like five year olds, but I don’t care! They were just jealous of how awesome we were!
The ride started to slow down which mean I should probably turn back around so I didnt fall to the floor when it stopped.

Bryce stepped out first then gave me a hand. The sun was setting on the horizon, and the fair was coming alive with bright neon lights. Just like we had hoped. That’s why we left at 4. Everyone knew the fair was just better at night. No little kids running around, most of the adults were already home and asleep.

“What ride should we go on next?” I asked Bryce.

He pondered it for a moment, scanning the ride before his eyes fell on the large fairs-wheel. “I think I might have an idea. Come on.” He said, wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me towards the fairs-wheel. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope ya'll liked it! Comment and Vote please!