Honestly?

We sat in my room  asking each other random questions. I missed doing this with Bryce. The past couple of weeks, scratch that, the past couple of months have been stressful, and emotional. And now that school has started I know it’s bound to get worse. And right now is the perfect alone time. Brit texted me and told me that she had two more job interviews tonight and would be running late.

Bryce was laying down and my head rested on his stomach which, despite his rock hard abs, was quite the pillow.

“Okay, so tell me Summer. What did you think when you first met me?” he asked.

“Honestly?”

“Yep”

“I thought you were a god. Your body looked like it was sculpted by angels and I thought I could get lost in your eyes.” I said blushing.

“Really?” he asked.

“Then you opened your mouth, and ruined that godlike image.” I said.

“Oh.”

“Why were you such an ass when we met? Your so kind now that I know you, but you really destroyed me those first few weeks I knew you.” I whispered.

Bryce leaned up to look at me. He looked like I just physically hurt him.

“Honestly?”

“Yep.” I said.

“Well, during the summer before school started I sorta had a fling with a lower classmen. I thought it was serious. But I guess she thought otherwise. I found out that she slept with almost every guy I knew. It destroyed me. So I was pissed at lowerclassmen in general. And when I found out I was paired with lowerclassmen I decided to take my anger out on you.” He finished squeezing his eyes shut as if to block out the painful memory.

A cold feeling rushed over me. So there was a girl before me? I mean, I guess I always figured. He’s gorgeous! Who would want to be with him? But Bryce was my first. My first kiss. My first boyfriend.  There wasn’t anyone before him. How many girls has he been with. I gulped… how many girls has he really been with? Has he done “it” already? Is he going to leave me because I won’t sleep with him? I felt myself beginning to hyperventilate. Shit. Snap out of it Summer!

I glanced back at Bryce who still had his eyes squeezed shut. I straddled his lap, which made his eyes fly open. I placed both my hands on his face to make him look at me. “Bryce, that girl was a bitch. I didn’t know her, but if she broke your heart then she’s a total bitch. And you don’t deserve that. You’re the most amazing person ever. You freaking gorgeous as hell, you’re an amazing soccer player and you have a heart of gold.” I tilted my head slightly, just taking him in. “A girl who is willing to throw that away-“ I paused to give him a smile, “-is a very stupid girl.”

I felt my eyes watering. What if I’m not as good as Bryce’s ex?

Bryce raised his hand and placed it on my cheek. “How did I end up with the most perfect girl in the world?”

“Your just saying that because my I was being cheesy.” I said turning away to wipe my eyes.

“No, I honestly believe that. Your my angel. The angel that saved me from that dark place I was.” He told me honestly. I smiled and bent down to kiss him.  

“Am I interrupting something?”

“BRIT!?” I shouted as I pushed myself away from Bryce, which ultimately led me to falling off the bed.

She leaned against the door way eyeing the two of us with accusing eyes. But I guess this didn’t look good. I was straddling Bryce, on my bed, slightly making out, with my jacket unzipped revealing my sports bra.

My face burned bright red. “I-uhhh….”

Brit held up her hand, “I don’t want to hear the dirt details of your sex life.”

OH. MY. GOD. My face is so red from the use of the word “sex life” that I swear it was the same shade as a ripe tomato.

Brit laughed at my red face. “I thought we could watch a movie or something while I unpacked.”

“Uhh, yeah, that sounds great. I’ll just walk Bryce out.” I said.

Brit rolled her eyes and walked back to her new room. I grabbed Bryce’s hand and led him down the stairs. I checked to make sure the coast was clear. “I had a real good time tonight.”

Bryce smirked and pinned me to the wall. “I did too.” He whispered as he left a trail of kisses up me neck.

“Bryce!” I giggled as pushed him away. I didn’t want Brit to see us and say something again.

“SUMMER! GET YOUR ASS UP HERE!” I head Brit shout.

“Well, I guess I should get goin before Brit starts the movie.”

“Just don’t watch any scary movies-“ he wrapped his arms around my waist, “-cause that’s our thing.” He kissed me deeply, reminding me of our heavy make out session earlier after we watched that scary movie,

“I promise babe.” I said, pulling away.

I opened the door and Bryce walked out. “Night babe!” He called out as he unlocked his truck.

“Night sexy!” I shouted back, causing him to turnaround. I just winked at him flirtatiously before shutting the door.

I jogged back up the stairs, expecting Brit to have already started the movie.

But that’s not what happened. She was sitting on the bed, with her legs crossed. “Summer, I need to talk to you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!