Infinity

I looked in the mirror. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans that had perfectly placed rips here and there. A black strapless top matched it. A pair of black stiletto’s made me tall enough that I was sure to reach Bryce’s tall height. My eyes had thick smoky eye shadow on making the blue in my eyes more distinct. My hair was super curly, thanks to 3 hours of curling.

Brits reflection in  the mirror was a disapproving one. She sat on my bed eyeing my outfit with that of disgust. “You’re not going through with this are you?” she asked.

No, I didn’t want to do this. This wasn’t me. My stomach was in a million knots at my slutty reflection. Was I this desperate to keep Bryce? Possibly…

I didn’t answer, because I knew that she would hear the lie in my answer.

There was a knock at the door. “That must be Bryce…” I said. I walked away from Brit leaving her alone in my room. I smoothed down my shirt before opening the door. Bryce’s jaw dropped. “Wow, um Summer… You look, umm different…” he said.

I was at his eye level thanks to my heels. “Thanks.” I said. I tried to give him a seductive look but I think I looked more like a constipated duck. I shut the door and grabbed his hand. I started to walk towards his truck but realized it wasn’t here.

“Did you walk here?” I asked.

“Yeah. I was figuring maybe we could walk to the party too. It’s so beautiful out.” He said.

My smile faltered, “Ummm, Bryce I don’t know if you realize this but I’m in heels and I don’t think I can walk to two blocks to her house in them.”

“Don’t worry, if it comes down to it, I’ll carry you.” He told me with that sexy grin of his.

“Promise?” I asked, holding out my pinky.

“Promise.” He said, wrapping his pinky around mine.

I giggled, at our pinky promise, and linked our fingers together. I was still nervous about what I was about to do at the party, so nervous that I lost track of time. So nervous that I didn’t realize that we stopped at the park. So nervous that I didn’t realize he led me to the swing set, until the wind blew and made the swing creek a little.

“Ummm Bryce what are we doing here?” I asked.

He just gave a mischievous grin and motion for me to sit on the swing. I raised my eyebrow, as I walked slowly to the swing. He walked behind me and began to push me.

“I wanted to talk to you.” Bryce said.

Crap, does he know about the plan? I swallowed hard, and listened silently as he continued.

He pushed me higher, “I’ve noticed how upset you’ve been these last couple days. And I think it might be because you’re still upset about me leaving after school ends.”

My stomach lurched, that horrible sadness swelling in my chest again.

“I’ve been trying to think of a way to show you that nothing would change. Because nothing will. And that’s when I thought of it.” He grabbed the chain of my swing, stopping me.

He sat on the swing next to mine and turned it so the chain twisted and he was facing me. I followed suit and did the same.

He handed me a little box that had green and blue swirls all over it. Our colors. My hands hesitated. “Go ahead. Open it.” He encouraged.

I opened it slowly. My jaw dropped and my hand went to my mouth in shock. Inside was a gold infinity ring. The two outer edges had two different colored jewels, and the rest of the infinity was outlined in tiny diamonds.

“I found it ironic that your birthstone is green and mine is blue. Our colors.” He told me.

That’s when I realized the two different colored gems were our birthstones. The green emerald for me was on one side of the infinity and the blue topaz for him on the other side.

“Do you like it?” he asked, his voice had a very faint nervous shake to it.

I felt my lip tremble as I smiled and tears spilled from my eyes. I nodded, at total loss for words.. I can’t believe he did this. This was so unbelievably creative and romantic!

“This promise ring promises that no matter how far away we are, or whatever obstacles we face, we will still come out on top together and stronger than ever. It’s you and me forever and ever.” He said, slipping the ring onto my finger.

He looked back up into my eyes and wiped the happy tears away. “I want you to know that I will always love you Summer.”

I couldn’t take it anymore; I tackled him in a tight hug, knocking us both to the ground and onto the soft grass. I planted soft kisses all over his face before connecting our lips.

I realized I don’t need to use Jazz’s slut plan for to keep Bryce. She’s crazy bitch who always gets her away, and that’s how she kept her boyfriend to herself. She didn’t love him. What Bryce and I have is more than just high school crushing, or possessiveness, or, in Jazz’s case, sex toys. What we have is love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT AND VOTE!