The Party

I stretched out my bruised legs. I had been kicked at least 6 times, only 2 being blocked by my shin guards. The ugly blue and purple blotches were spread evenly across my legs, which meant  would have a difficult time trying to cover them up for the dance. I was beyond suspicious now. The refs should not allow the teams to kick the crap out of us! I mean, I know some refs play favorites, but not to this extreme. And even if the refs are playing favorites, how come all of them were ganging up against our team?

Clair vibrating phone brought me out of my thought bubble, “Kyle just texted me. He said that some guy named Jason is having some party at his house after the parade.” She told us, as she typed something back. “Anyone up to go?” she asked.

I thought about it for a moment. What are the chances of it being that Jason? He’s new here, like three weeks new. How on earth did he know enough to have a party? Maybe it would be good to go out, forget Bryce for a while, maybe even pull out of the troubled thoughts surrounding these games.

“Sounds like fun. But I think I want to go clean up first. I’m sweaty and muddy and my shin guards seriously reek. If I locked someone in the same room as these it’s probably kill ‘em.” I dramatically stripped them off and tossed them in my bag. I traded my cleats for my Nike sandals and headed towards the showers in the locker room. I quick rinsed off and pulled on my clothes that I had worn to school today, before running out to meet Brit, who was waiting for me.

“I heard this party is at some rich guys house.” Brit said, pulling out of the school parking lot, and heading down main street. “Like, a huge mansion.” She tapped her red nails on the steering wheel.

“Well I heard that this guys name is Jason.” I told her, running my hands through my damp hair.

“Do you think its-“

“Nope.” I popped the ‘p’.

“Well it could be. I don’t know of any other Jason’s.” Brit said, turning on another street. The further we drove, the bigger the hoses got. I know

Jazz’s house is about a block or two from where we’re at, so where ever we’re going has got to be fancy.

“Yeah, it could be Jason, but he just moved here. How on earth would he even know that many people? It’s impossible! After a month of living here I only knew a handful of people, all who were on the team.”

“Well, Jason is on a team.” Brit pointed out.

“True, but I still don’t think its him.” I said, as I gazed out the windows.

Brit turned on a street labeled Sycamore Lane. She pulled out her phone and to look at the address.

“Why don’t we just go to the house with a million cars in front of it?” I suggested, pointing ahead.

“Smart ass.” Brit smirked.

“Better than being a dumb ass.” I shrugged. Brit drove towards the house, but we had to park 3 houses back. We both got out and started heading towards the house that was filling with people and had music bellowing out every window. As we made our way closer I noticed a silver mustang parked in the driveway. But that’s not what really caught my attention. My attention was glued to a familiar truck parked on the curb.

Brit hooked our elbows, before walking through the doors. The house was absolutely the biggest house I’ve ever been to. It was at least 4 story’s and each floor seemed to go on forever. Fine art line the walls, and elegant furniture decorated the rooms. Music pulsed, shaking the paintings and rattling my brain. Brit lead me through the crowd as we made our way to the other side of the house, where the music wasn’t so loud. We ended up in the kitchen which was filled with gourmet snacks, and an assortment of drinks, from water to soda and even beer.

I grabbed a water and tossed it to Brit, before reaching back into the ice to grab my own water. “Well, this seems like it would be fun, ya know, if I hadn’t gone deaf from that music! Cheesus! It’s like we’re all old farts and can’t hear shit!” Brit complained, throwing her arms up in exaggeration.
I leaned against the marble countertop, “Well we should give it a try. We could have fun.”

Brit’s face brightend and a fox smile crapt onto it, “This would be the perfect place to find a date for homecoming!”
I gave her a pointed look. I wasn’t ready to open that fresh wound.

“Well, I’m just saying it would be the perfect. You look hot right now, what guy wouldn’t want ya?” Brit asked, motioning at me.

I glanced down at my outfit. I was wearing galaxy tights, with a long white blouse that hung snugly to my figure. I was wearing a pair of black flats to match. I guess I looked pretty decent today, compared to my normal lazy days of going to school in sweats.

“Lets go out there and try to have fun.”  I said finally.

Brit smiled and turned to walk back towards the music. I followed her, glancing at all the people who passed me on the way there. I knew I shouldn’t, but I was looking for Bryce. That was his truck out there, so that means he’s here.

I felt a tap on my shoulder “Hey blue eyes.”

I turned around to come face to face with Jason. “Hey blonde hair.” I said back, smiling slightly.

“So, do you like my party?” he asked, motioning to the scene around us.

Your party?” I asked, shocked.

“Yep.”

“So this is your house?”
“Yeah.”

“And this is your party?” I repeated.

“Yep.”

“Are you sure? I mean, like how do you even know this many people?  I don’t even know this many people, and I’ve been here at least 2 more years than you!” I said,

“Well in all honesty, it started with the guys from the team, who told their friends, who told their friends and here we are.” He said, motioning to the scene again.

I glanced around again, still shocked at the massive amount of people. Jason followed my gaze, “Jealous?” he teased.

“Just a bit.” I joked.

I scanned the room looking for familiar faces. Well, I guess just a face. His truck was out front, so he had to be here, right? Maybe I shouldn’t be so excited to see him. I shouldn’t want to see him period!  But a part of be craved to see him. My heart almost jumped up my throat when I saw him in the far corner of the room sitting at table with some other guys that I recognized from the soccer team. “Summer?” Jason asked. I had been so focused on looking for Bryce that I immediately zoned out when Jason was talking to me.

“I’m sorry, what were you saying?”

He nervously looked down at his red plastic cup, “Well, I was asking if you’ve given much thought on what in asked you?”

I was confused. Had he asked me a question while I had zoned out? “And what question was that?”

“If you’d go to homecoming with me…” Jason trailed off and looked at me with hopeful blue eyes.

“Uhh-“ I looked in Bryce’s direction nervously. In all honesty, I was hoping Bryce would ask me, but how could he ask me when we broke up?
Gosh, the more I thought about this, the more I regretted breaking up with him.

Jason was waiting for an answer, an answer that I didn’t have. Then I saw it. Jazz was sitting in Bryce’s lap, her arms draped around his neck and her lips dangerously close to his. A wave of nausea swept over me, followed by blinding anger. How could he!? I know we broke up, and he could move on, but why her?! She was the girl that gave me the worst relationship advice, the girl who ruined my team, and the girl who leaked Brit’s secret to everyone! Why on Earth would he be with her?! Well, the deserved each other. The asshole and the bitch. They’re the perfect match

“Summer?” Jason asked again. I knew exactly what my answer was now. Jazz and Bryce made sure of it.

“I have given it thought Jason, and I would love to go to homecoming with you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!