Drunk Call Me

I snapped my fingers in front of Brit. She’s been mumbling and her eyes were wide. The doctor had told me that she was just shocked about the news but I was getting worried. It was like she was possessed. I was slightly tempted to grab a crucifix and holy water.

“Hello? Earth to Brit?”

“Mreargarrbvaeh” she mumbled.

“I’m sorry I don’t speak demon.” I joked.

Her head snapped up at my little comment, “T-t-tw—tw-twinnnnnns.” She forced out. It was like the word was foreign and she didn’t understand how to say it.

We sat in her new bedroom. Her ultrasound picture was in front of her and she was just gaping at it.

“Summer… I can’t afford one baby! How in the world am I going to afford two?!?!?!” she asked franticly. She brought her knee’s up to her chest and hugged them. She was hyperventilating.

“Brit! Calm down!” I held onto he shoulder’s. She was absent mindedly chewing on her lip, causing a little bit of blood to stream down.

“Brit, we’ll figure it out okay? Just calm down.” I told her

She looked at me, and for once she looked fragile. Her eyes were wide as if she were a deer in headlights. Her lip trembled as did the rest of her. I wrapped my arms around her, “It’s going to be okay.” I told her.

“Have you thought about names?” I asked.

She gave me a weak smile. I knew that she would, and that it would take her mind off the bad side of her situation.

“W-well, for girl names I have, Penelope, Autumn, Lilly and umm, Kristine… And f-for boy names I h-have, Tyler, Nolan, Christopher , James, and Daniel.” She said, twisting her sheets in her hands. She reached up and dried her wet eyes.

"Would you let your kids play the great sport of soccer?” I asked.

“Of course! I’m going to be a soccer mom, hell I’d probably be a better coach than whatever one’s they’d have…” she said proudly.

“You’d coach them into ever concussion they get.” I joked.

“Hey! I only got two concussions.”

“Three.” I corrected.

“Pfft, you can’t consider that last one a concussion. Everyone gets hit in the head with a ball every now and again.”

“Yeah but most don’t start franticly asking what’s going on right afterwards. I’m pretty sure you didn’t even know who you were.”

“It’s not my fault Trenton plays rough!”

I eyed her., and she let out a sigh. “I only called that girl a bitch, like twice. But I tried to be quiet about it! She stole my ball after elbowing me in my goodies!” she yelled, covering her boobs.

I fell down laughing. I gasped for air as I continued to laugh even harder.

“Bitch deserved a lot worse than a bad name. I should have knocked out some of her teeth, she was already missing two on the top. If anything, I would have been doing her a favor! She would having matching bottom and top teeth!” Brit stated.
With that I laughed even harder, “Brit you sound crazy!”

“Of course I’m crazy! It’s not fun the other way around!”

And like that, Brit was out of her funk. We both started to laugh, trying to top each other. I was half way into explain how I could make tripping that Trenton girl and make it look like an accident, when my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Summmmmmmmer…..” I heard someone slur. There was a loud thumping on the other side of the phone like loud music playing.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“Aww you don’t recognize my voice babe? That hurts.” The voice said.

“Bryce? Are you drunk?!” I asked

“Noooo, I’m just a bit…. Buzzzzzed.” He laughed at his own little drunk joke.

Brit reached and took the phone away from me, and put it on speaker, “Hello? Bryce?”

“Brit?! I don’t wana talk to you. I wana talk to my Summer.” He sounded half asleep.

“Bryce, you’re acting really idiotic. What makes you think getting stupid drunk and calling Summer was going to get you?” she asked.

“Bitch, your starting to get on my fucking nerves.” He said angrily.

My jaw dropped and I snatched my phone away, and took it off speaker phone.

“Don’t you fucking talk like that to my friend!”

“Summer, I-“

“Brit was right. Your just like Gus!” I yelled. My vision was starting to get blurry as angry tears formed in my eyes.

“What? I’m nothing like Gus!” I hear a sloshing noise and then a hard clank of glass on wood. I scowled, knowing all too well that he just took another drink of his beer. I didn’t say anything else, I pulled my phone away and ended the call. Instantly my phone started to vibrate. He was trying to call again.

“You know… I never thought Bryce would go back to drinking.” Brit said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well, when Bryce and Gus would hang out, it wasn’t just Gus who would drink himself to oblivion. Bryce was always there with him, drinking just as much.” Brit said, running her hand through her wavy orange hair.

“How come I didn’t know this?” I asked.

“Because he stopped drinking when you two officially got together.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!