Make-Up

I sat in Bryce's truck with my cell pressed to my ear. "No mom, you don't need to come home early. No. I'm fine. Yes, Bryce is giving me a ride home. No, Brit is here too." I lied

"Yep, talk to you tomorrow. Bye." I ended the call and leaned back into the seat. It was just Bryce and I. Brit had to give some of the girls a ride home, so she wouldn't be home till later. We pulled up into my driveway and I let out a sigh. "I hate using crutches." I said under my breath.

Opening the door and placing the crutches down on the ground, I prepared myself for the uncomfortable feeling of the crutches. I must have hesitated too long, because next thing I knew Bryce was carrying me, bridal style.

"Bryce? What are you doing?" I asked.

"I know he hat crutches as much as I do, so I figured I'd save you from having to use them." He said with a smile.

I squirmed, suddenly self-conscious about how much a weighed. "Bryce, you don't have to carry me! I probably way a ton!"

Shaking his head, he said, "Baby, you're light as a feather. Don't worry."

While I was still self-conscious, being in his arms did feel nice. His cologne lingered on him, making me smile. I draped my arms around his neck as he carried me up stairs and too my room.

He placed me gently on my bed. "Bryce?" I asked as he started to walk away.

He hesitated, "Yeah?"

"Could you stay... For a bit?" I asked.

I saw the corner of his mouth twitch up. "Of course."

He came to lay next to me on the bed. His arms were placed behind his head, leaving him open for me to scoot over and cuddle with him. Scooting up next to him, I laid my head against his chest and one hand on his stomach. When I realized it was my broken hand, I imeadiatly pulled it away so the roughness wouldn't bother him. He just chuckled and and reached for it, placing it back on his stomach.

"I've missed this so much." I told him.

"I did too Summer."

"Hey Bryce, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Were you jealous of Jason?" I asked. I knew it wasn't something I should bring up, but I kinda wanted to see that jealous side of him. It was kind of sexy.

I felt him tense at the sound of Jason's name. "You were went' you!" I teased.

He slipped out of my grip and pinned me to the bed with mischievous grin on his face. "Of course I was jealous of him. I didn't want to think another guy was holding you." He leaned down and pressed his lips to my forehead. He pulled away so his lips hovered just of mine, "I couldn't think of another guy kissing you." Leaning down he kissed my lips. Gentle and slow at first, then fast and more urgent. He pulled away, "Worst of all, it killed me to think that you might let another guy love you. A guy who wasn't me..." he leaned down and pressed his lips to my neck. He left a trail of kisses from my neck and down my collar bone. I let out a soft moan. He pulled away to look me in the eyes. I couldn't take it. I wanted him. I wanted all of him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. The kiss sent sparks through me. It was like a wild fire was spreading through me, and I loved it. I loved him. His hands ran up and down my back, while my hand that wasn't in a cast got tangled in his hair.

But I knew that we were coming back into this relationship to fast and furious, and I didn't want to crash and burn, so I pulled away. "I don't want to rush this." I said breathlessly.

When he didn't answer I started to worry. I bit my lip nervously.

He just smiled, "Don't worry, we don't have to. I won't rush you into doing something you don't want to." With that, he rolled over, taking me with him.

As we laid there together, I just let my mind slip away. Right now, I didn't worry about what happened at the game, or the she-devil Jazz. Right now I just wanted to enjoy this moment with the guy I loved.

But that, like most things was short lived.

I heard the door down stairs slam open, making me jump. I pushed myself up and looked at my door as I heard someone jog up the stairs. Brit threw the door open, out of breath and a shocked look on her face.

"You're not going to believe what happened."

"What?"

"Mr. Bickle was fired!"

"What?!"

"Yeah, apparently Jazz laid the blame on her "dear uncle.""

"Okay, I hate Mr. B just as much as the next person, but who would be dumb enough to believe that?" I asked.

"Isn't he broke?" Bryce asked.

"Yep. I'm pretty sure the hobo that lives in the bushes at home-depot has more cash than Mr. B." Brit said.

"So let me take a wild guess, Jazz is gona get away scotch free?" I asked, rubbing my temples with annoyance

"Doesn't she always?" Brit asked sarcastically.

I leaned back on my bed. Suddenly a thought crossed my mind. "Maybe we should have a little talk with Jazzy, hmmm?" An evil grin started to spread across my face.

I glanced over to Brit whose grin mirrored my own.

Bryce looked at us suspiciously, "What are you two thinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!