Putting Two and Two Together

I chewed on the end on my pen as I stared at the blank paper.

“Summer, you’ve been at this for hours don’t you think we should take a break?” Brit asked throwing the soccer ball in the air again.

“No, I want at least one idea before school starts tomorrow so I can shove it down Principle Bickle’s throat...”I told her. I motioned for her to toss me the ball. She did, and I caught it easily.

I spun it on my finger and thought. “UGGG!” I groaned.

“See! I told you we need a break!” Brit declared.

“No I’m just frustrated.” I said.

“Yeah, because you NEED a break.”

When I didn’t respond she continued, “I don’t even know why I’m helping you with this. Even if we do get the team back, I won’t get to play.” She rested her hand on top of her small bump.

I rolled over on my bed and sent her a serious look, “You know exactly why you’re helping Brit. This team is our family. Our home away from home.”

She nodded in agreement, and we sat there silently. I glanced back at my notebook and wrote down three words.

Whatever it takes.

~~~~

I sat in the principal’s office tapping my foot impatiently on the floor. I have been sitting here for nearly 15 minutes, and the principle still hasn’t shown up.

I heard a man clear his throat in the door way. The principle walked in and laid down his briefcase. “Hope you had a descent summer, Ms. Summer.” He said, chuckling at his own joke. When he saw I wasn’t laughing he straightened up, “What can I do for you Ms. Summer?”

“I heard that the school lost funding’s, and cut our soccer team.” I said, shooting him a serious look.

“Why yes, we did. But the soccer team wasn’t the only sport that got cut due to terrible predicament. Golf, tennis, and hockey also got cut.” He informed me, pushing his bulk glasses up the bridge of his nose.

“Why didn’t you just split all of the money for sport even between the sports. Football and cheerleading get 3 times as much as we do!” I pointed out.

“Did.” He corrected.

I grit my teeth together to keep from yelling at him. “Mr. Bickle, you have to understand how detrimental this is to us, and to all the other teams you cut.”

Mr. Bickle folded his hands and gave me a sharp look, “I will not be bringing back the team Ms. Summer, and that’s finial! Now go back to class.”
I gasped and refrained myself from drop kicking his shiny bald head! I stood up and without another, stormed out. Just as started to walk away I ran into a girl.

“Sorry- “I started to say, and then I saw who it was. Jazz. She shot me a glare that almost went right through me. I returned it with an equally horrid glare.

“Watch where you’re going bitch.” Jazz spat me.

“What the hell is your problem Jazz.”

“You are.” She said.

I looked at her confused, and as she starts to walk away she adds, “It must suck not having your soccer team.”

I turn around to say something back, but she has already disappeared into Mr. Bickle’s office.

Before the door shuts I hear her, “Hey, Uncle Jay.”

Our principle is her Uncle!?

My brain went into overdrive. I’m Jazz’s problem, her uncle is our principle, and my soccer team just got cut.

It didn’t take long for me to put two and two together. 

I threw open the door to Mr. Bickle’s office, “YOU DID THIS BECAUSE OF JAZZ!?!?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Dundun DUUUUNNNNN! I hope you guys liked it! Comment and Vote!