Harsh Words and Heart Break

"You'll know by the end of today."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I skipped all of German, despite Brit offering me a hall pass. She was one of the 10 office attendants, and she kind of used her 'powers' to her advantage. But I didn't want to see Bryce if I did, this early in my thinking process than I know I wouldn't be able to go through with this. Bryce would usually walk me to all my classes, but I avoided all our meeting spots.

The day was one stressful blur of me avoiding B knew he probably didn't understand what's going on and I didn't expect him to. After all, yesterday and the day before that that we seemed more in love than we ever have been. But what I was going to do was because I loved him.

The last 30 seconds of school seemed to tick by slowly... I watched the second hand move, and it seemed to slow down. My anxiety increased with every tick.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

I rushed out of the class room making sure to run strait to the locker room. Bryce could be waiting at our normal meeting spot, but then again he could be waiting at my locker. I could always go back to my locker after practice.

The rest of the team was already in the locker room, waiting for me. "He Summer,  do we need our cleats today? Or are we just going for a run?" Sandy asked.

"Cleats." I told her, as my shaky hands tried to unlock my locker. Jasmine noticed and came to me. "Summer? Are you all right?"

"Yeah... I'm just- I have a lot on my mind." I said with a small smile.

"Okay." She placed a friendly hand on my shoulder before going back to her locker.

I took my time getting ready. Slowly pulling my shin guards up, and lacing my cleats. I think I even put my hair up in a ponytail at least 4 different times. By the time I was done, all the girls had already left to go to the field. I grabbed my water bottle and left the locker room, nearly spilling it when I ran into someone.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry!" I said, quickly.

I looked up and quickly bit down on my lip nervously. It was Bryce. "Summer? Are you avoiding me." He asked.

I didn't answer.

"You skipped German, you didn't go to any of our meeting spots so I could walk you to class. So, are you avoiding me?"

I looked down, ashamed.

"Bryce, I-"

"Please don't lie to me Summer." He said, grabbing my hands and intertwining our fingers. I looked down at our hands. They fit together perfectly, like puzzle pieces. I'm gona miss this...

I pull my hands away, "Bryce, I think-... I think we should stop seeing each other."

He looked at me with wide eyes and let out a nervous laugh, "You're joking right? I mean... You can't be serious!"

I took a deep breath, summoning up all the courage that I could. "I'm dead serious Bryce."

His confusion turned to anger. "What the hell Summer!? What brought this on?!"

"Nothing, I just-"

"We were just fine! Yesterday we were fine! What happened!?" he yelled.

"Bryce calm down. You're scaring me..."

"I'M NOT GOING TO FUCKING CALM DOWN!" he slammed his fist against the wall, not even flinching at the pain I was sure he was feeling.

I, myself, was starting to get pissed off. I crossed my arms and stood my ground. "Bryce stop being a fucking dickhead!"

"I'm being a dickhead? Well your being a bitch!"

I flinched at his harsh words, "Bryce, you just don't understand-"

"Your right! I don't! So make me understand!" he looked at me, he showed no emotion but his eyes looked as if I'm punching him repeatedly in the gut.

"I'm doing this for you-" I tried to say.

"Don't pull that crap! You always try to be strong and hide your feelings but you don't have to do that with me!" he tried to reach for my hand again but I pulled away before he could.

"Were over Bryce." I tried to sound as tough as I could, but I knew it came out shaky.

He took a stab back, glaring at me. "I fucking knew it."

A confused look spread over my face, "Knew what?"

"That you were just like Caitlyn..."

"Who the hell is Caitlyn?!" then it hit me. A girl broke his heart. An underclassmen, like me. But- I didn't.

"So who's the guy?" he asked. His words were harsh and venomous.

"There is no guy!"

"Who are you fucking?!"

I took a step back, offended. How dare he assume that! He knows I would never do that! "Bryce how could you say that!? You know me better than anyone! You know I wouldn't do that!"

"Obviously I don't know you well enough if I didn't see this relationship was going downhill." He slumped down, destroyed.

"Bryce..?" I reached out for him but he pulled away.

He looked at me one last time before turning around and walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!