8.

"You called me ma'am?" I asked my boss, poking my head in while half of me is still behind the door

"Yes, Ms Raval. Come in. " she said in a professional tone.

"Have a seat Ms. Raval. "

"Did something happen ma'am? " I asked her a little scared. Last time she called someone in her office was just to give them their resignation letter. I pray to god that the same doesn't happen for me. I need this job.

She only behaved politely with her husband and son. It's like there is a new woman in front of you.

"Well, seeing your progress in your last two months reports, the company has decided to promote you as the HOD. You also got the Noida project. And there is a raise in your salary. " She in same professional tone.

Whattttt!!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!

"Are you serious, ma'am. This isn't a prank right. "

"Do you think I would kid about something related to someone's hardwork. " she said in her usual professional tone.

"Thank you ma'am, thank you so much. " I gave her wide smile and went out of her cabin.

Changing her name from female devil to Godsend angel in my contacts. Check ☑.

I entered into Aarushi's cabin to give her the news.

"Well guess who has become the HOD and got the Noida project. " I said giving her a wide grin, though she was immersed in her work.

"Mr. Jain." she said still immersed in her work.

"No stupid, it's me. "

"Oka...... Wait what. " she said with wide eyes.

"Yeah, today's lunch is on me since I got the promotion. "

"Congratulations babe. You deserve it after what you have gone through. Now you'll pay all our shopping bills. " she said pointing to her bump.

"Don't know about you, but I will pay for this cutie patootie who'll be in this world soon. "

"It seems as if everyone has forgotten about me. No one cares for me and my needs. Even Aarav doesn't pay attention to me. He always talks about the baby. " she said getting emotional. Her eyes were glistening and tears were about to fall.

O Oh. Her pregnancy hormones are in action.

"It's not like this Aarushi . Everyone loves you a lot. Nobody has forgotten about you. You should know that we are family. And family cares for each other. And don't worry, I will pay your shopping bills till the time he/she doesn't come. " I said lightening up her mood a little.

" I'm sorry. It's just that these hormones are making me crazy. One second I am getting emotional and another Second getting all angry. " she said wiping her tears.
"You know yesterday I was angry at Aarav and the next thing I knew was that I pounced on him, smashed my lips..... "

"Stop, Aarushi. TMI. "

"Oh sorry, now I don't even know what I am saying. " She said getting teary again.
"I know it's very hard for you all to bear with me. "

"Hush, don't talk nonsense. It's all fine okay. Now let's go and celebrate.

I was waiting for Rey in the parking when someone honked from behind

I was waiting for Rey in the parking when someone honked from behind. I didn't pay attention to it because he usually gives a call when he arrives.

📢📢

The driver again honked.
I was getting mad. They were usually some emoloys on the company who didn't give a damn about anything. Married or not, they have to tease the girls. But now that's enough. I turned around cursing in my mother tongue
"Tame pagala cho. Tamari pase magaja nathi. Lōhiyāḷa mūrkha."

But Ofcourse it wasn't them. It was my husband who was standing looking like a deer caught in headlight
So innocent

He standing with big innocent eyes like a child who got scolded by his/her mother.

I walked closer to him
"I.. I am sorry. I didn't know it was you. I thought that those cheap guys were honking. And you call me everytime you came to pick me up. So I assumed it was them. I'm sorry again. "
I said that all in one go.

He cleared his throat.
"It's okay, it happens sometimes. Don't worry about it. I didn't know that you spoke Gujarati"

"Rey, I am a Gujarati. It's my mother tongue. "

As we sat in the car, I told him about my day, especially about my promotion. He congratulated me and told me about his hectic day.

Hey again

Hey again.
Hope you liked this chapter.
Press that little star button on your down left
See ya soon.