Bonus - 1

The number you are calling is out of reach. Please call again lat-  *beep*

Reyansh sighed for the n-th time in the last hour.

'Again out of reach. Where in the world is she? '

They were supposed to go for a movie at 6.

Reyansh's gaze momentarily got stuck on the clock in front of him.

The small needle at 8 was now definitely infuriating him.

Throwing the phone on the bed, he went to the kitchen to have a glass of water to cool himself down.

'She herself made this plan. She freaking promised me that she'll be home early. She- '

But the known unlocking of the door broke his chain of thoughts.

"I'm so sorry Reyansh. Boss handed me work at the last momemt. I swear I tried to tell her abo---"

"Save it Arya. "

"Wh.. What? "

"Save it Arya. You don't need to justify yourself. I know. Your boss, out of thousands of employees, chose you to get the work done. I know. And I... I am habitual of this now. Unfortunately for me, I thought today was going to be an exception. "
His every word held sarcasm.

Eversince their work started, their personal time was on the verge of finishing.

"Do you think.. I was intentionally doing this? "

"It seems so. "
He shruggs turning around and walking back inside the room.

But before he could even take another step, he was stopped by her booming voice.

" Stop right there Reyansh. We aren't playing this. Why are you being an idiot Reyansh. My boss handed me the work-"

She said poking her finger at his chest.

"Well I'm a boss too. I also give work to my employees. But not that much that they have to stay for extra time and go home  2-3 hours after their working hours. Well cleary you have to complain to the HR about your boss who's very fond of giving work to you despite of having thousand other employees. "

"Oh my god Reyansh. It was important otherwise she wouldn't have asked. Divyam was there too. You can ask him too. "

"Oh yeah! How can we forget that precious Divyam. "
Jealousy surged in his veins.

"Tell me Arya, when did we actually had a normal conversation? "
He spat out.

She opened and closed her mouth. Yet nothing came out of it.

"You don't know right... And you wouldn't Because we actually didn't had any meaningful conversation in the past month. All you talk about Divyam this, Divyam that, your boss and your work. Where do ' I ' stand in that. Where do 'we' stand in that huh?!

I too have work Arya but everyday I come home in hopes to spend some time with you only to find the whole house empty. I never neglected you like you are doing to me right now. "

"So what do you want now Reyansh? Should I quit my job and be your pretty little housewife. "

"I never said that. It's you. "

Having the final words, this time he actually went inside his room.

Just as he was about to close the door, it opened with a bang.

A furious Arya came in and pushed him back to the wall.

"I don't neglect you. I've been doing extra hours just so I could finish off my work before going to that stupid trip of yours. "