Chapter 21

"Ha! Me? Jealous?"

I swung my fist and smashed it into the nearest object, which happened to be a small tree, not much taller than me. The force of the punch caused the still weak trunk to break in half and sent the top of the tree crumbling to the ground with a loud thud.

"Ren?" Blake of all people, came running from the surrounding forest.

He was still pulling on his shirt, as he stopped next to me. He spared the fallen tree only a brief glance, before reaching for my hand. However, I snatched it out of his grasp and moved a step away, glaring at him.

"What did the tree do to you?"

I ignored his comment, and instead started my usual stretching exercises. It was after all why I was here in the middle of the training ground.

Ren, stop treating our mate like this. He did nothing wrong. Shyrin sounded surprisingly stern.

Nothing wrong? He accused me of being jealous.

Yesterday's accusation still ran loud in my mind. I couldn't believe he dared to even think such a thing. Me, jealous? As if.

You were jealous.

I was not! I couldn't believe the nerve of my own wolf.

"Why do you look like you're about to punch another tree?" Blake's voice reminded me he was still here.

"Because if both of you don't shut up, I'm going to first punch you and then strangle Shyrin." I sent him my dirtiest glare.

Neither of them made another peep, which allowed Blake and I to finally dive into my training routine. It was just the thing I needed to let of some steam.

When we were heading back from the training, my hand subconsciously reached down to play with my thumb ring. However, all my fingers wrapped around was an empty thumb.

I froze in my tracks. No, this couldn't be happening. My eyes snapped down to my right thumb. Gone. My ring was missing.

"Where is it?" I spun around my axis, trying to see if the ring had fallen off while walking.

However, no matter how many times I pinched myself, the ring didn't magically reappear on my thumb. It was gone.

"My ring." It came out as a surprised whisper. My brain couldn't comprehend what was going on. "My ring's gone."

"Maybe it fell off during training? Oh, well too bad." Blake stopped a few steps farther ahead, as he hadn't immediately noticed I had stopped.

Something in his voice made me look up from my still empty thumb. His expressionless mask was still in place, but I suddenly knew. I knew without any proof that he was to blame. I didn't understand how or why, but I just knew.

"What did you do?" My voice was drained of all emotion.

"It's better this way." He didn't even try to deny it.

"Where is the fucking ring?" In the split of a second I was standing in front of him, having to restrain myself from wrapping my hands around his throat and squeezing until he told me what I needed to know. "I'm going to turn your house upside down until I find it. Tell me where it is?"

"It's our house and I'm not telling. You're never going to find it, so you might as well give up." The bastard even had the decency to sound smug.

For a second I contemplated giving into my urges and strangle him. It would make me feel so much better right now.

To keep the temptation at bay I stomped off into the direction of his house. I couldn't hear his footsteps following me, which was a good thing. I didn't want to look at him.