Bonus Chapter

"I still don't get why you need me to come with you." I pulled my shirt over my head. "You're a grown werewolf. An Alpha, for Moon's sake."

"I'm not discussing this with you again." Blake shook his head before pulling on his shirt as well.

We were only a few feet away from the Blue Moon border. Because neither of us had felt like shifting on their land, we stopped at the edge of ours to slip our clothes back on.

"Let's go." Blake grabbed his duffel bag with his left hand and the duffel bag lying near my feet with his right hand before crossing the border.

For a second, I contemplated turning around and making my way back to our house. However, that would mean leaving Blake to deal with this on his own.

Don't you dare. Shyrin's annoying voice filled my head. You are not leaving Blake behind.

"Ren." As if hearing Shyrin arguing with me, Blake's warning ringed in my ears.

"Fine!" I threw my hands into the air before crossing the border. I marched right past him and continued to make my way deeper into the Blue Moon's land.

"Come on, Ren. You know why I'm doing this." He had no problem keeping up with my hurried strides. "I'm not going to let you out of my sight for an entire week. Goddess knows what would happen to our pack."

I buried the urge to swing my fist at him and break his nose. Instead, I kept my eyes focused on the forest in front of me and pretended like he wasn't there.

"How do you think Snider managed to convince so many rogues to help him?" I broke the silence five minutes into our brisk walk.

Blake almost lost his footing at the mention of Snider. Luckily he managed to regain his balance before he could stumble to the ground.

"Why are you talking about Snider? He's dead." He shook his head before focusing back on the surrounding forest.

It had been almost a month since I killed the bastard, but somehow I still found myself unable to let it go.

"I know. I just can't wrap my head around it. He was a charming bastard, but that couldn't have been what convinced the rogues. He must have had something else... Some kind of leverage..."

Blake ignored me, but I didn't miss the way his lips formed into a narrow line. He still didn't like to think about the night of the attack. At first, I hadn't understood his reason behind it. We had, after all, won the fight. After a few days he had finally explained to me that he still didn't want to think about the way he found me all bloodied and hurt.

"Or maybe he had some kind of outside help? What if someone else helped him recruit the rogues?" I was now more or less talking to myself.

The reason why I was still pondering over the issue was simple. Ever since the night when I killed Snider, things have become annoyingly boring. Apart from a minor rogue incident we had about two weeks ago, nothing interesting has happened. This left me with nothing better to do than think. The horror.

That is until Blake got my hopes up three days ago. He had announced we'd be going on a trip and my mind had instantly shifted into first gear, thinking about the possible adventures. However, then the idiot ripped it all away as he told me where exactly we'd be going and why.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as we reached the Blue Moon pack house. In front of the massive building stood two familiar figures; Naia and Alpha Bob.

Jared, Shyrin reminded me.

The stupid wolf of mine was actually a little intimidated of the Blue Moon Alpha. And because he had told me to call him by his first name, she wanted me to follow his order.