four ──── older

obito

years went by though it only felt like seconds passed. but that, of course, was a normal feeling. especially since being with y/n all the time made time feel like eternity. i was finally older. I was finally 13 years old. This was about the time when people my age start to get dates and a boyfriend/girlfriend. This was what normal was, right?

I was going to ask y/n out!

For five years I've been building up my relationship with her. As a friend, of course...but that ends today!

Two years ago o became a chunin, and for a second I thought I could ask her out then, but-

I was foolish. It was better to wait.

And, and now is the time.

.
.
.

My gaze has flicked over multiple types of flowers. My eyes glared into each one. Which ones should I get when asking a girl out? Do flowers even have a meaning?

"Obito?"

I looked over to the voice to see Rin. Back before i met y/n, I would have been happy just looking at my ex crush, but now ... I just get annoyed. Dont get me wrong- we're teammates. I'll help her out whenever, but as a potential girlfriend? Hell no. Besides, she likes Kakashi anyway.

"I'm looking for flowers for a girl."

Her eyes brightened as she stood next to me, and in that moment I actually wanted Kakashi with me, so she would ignore me.

"I can help!"

I rolled my eyes, but thanked her anyway.

"Obito and Rin? What are you two doing?"

Now Kakashi and Minato were here. Just great.

"Obito is getting flowers for a girl!"

Just leave me be!

Then, they started to help me out too.

.
.
.

"Good luck Obito!"

Rin had yelled as my three teammates stood at the hospital's entrance. They didn't have to follow me, damn.

"Tell us how it goes. We'll be waiting!"

I'll take my time, thank you very much.

.
.
.

I quickly hid the flowers behind my back as I stood at her door. My hands felt sweaty, and my goggles felt a but too tight around my head.

She'll say yes, right?

What will I do if she doesn't?

My gaze darkened, I'll find out who she does like and just kill him. That's what I'll do.

I shook my head as I opened the door.

But-

She wasn't here!

Then, that was when I heard the shower running causing my blush to sink in. Should I look? Should I wait? Should I make her aware that I'm here?

I gulped as my decision became clear, she wouldn't mind if I took one look, right?

Shaking my head, my blush darkening, I quickly decided to make my presence known, but only after I made sure I was behind the door.

"Y/n?"

I said as I knocked on the door.

"O-obito! Were you waiting long!?"

"No, I just got here."

"I'll be right out!"

So considerate and kind. She really is the one. Any other girl would probably continue to take an hour power shower.

.
.
.

When she got out I was sitting on the bed waiting for her.

She stood in front of me with her usual hospital gown.

Her eyes filled with happiness.

It made me feel happy that I didn't peep on her. Though,a part of me wished that I did take a quick look, but alas .. the guilt would of ate me away. Not to mention that it would have been bad if she caught me.

"Y/n," I said while standing up.

I was a head taller than her. Ignoring that small thought, I steeled myself. Should I ask her now?

I should just go for it, right?

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

I handed her the flowers and she took them with a shocked expression on her face. Then, her lips curled into a smile as she hugged the flowers to herself.

"I would love to be your girlfriend Obito."

My obsession got worse.