ten ──── kakashi

kakashi

I was heading off to y/n's room once again. The moment I would be let go and given some time off, I would always go to y/n. Always. We had met when I gave her Obito's goggles. It was definitely not the greatest first meeting that was for sure.

Granted, I felt terrible about meeting her. It kind of felt like I was holding onto the past. As if I was trying to grip with reality that my teammates are actually gone. It was like she was keeping me sane.

"Y/n, you awake?"

I always asked this too when I would enter her room through the window. It was easier that way. It felt weird going through the front door by this point.

Her head turned to me as she still held Obito's goggles in her lap. A small smile on her face as I examined that she had dark circles under her eyes causing me to look at her worriedly.

"Y/n, you have to get some sleep," I said with a concerned tone as I gently sat on her bed.

I always made sure to take the goggles away and place them on the night stand. I wanted to make sure that my visits with her went with full attention because if I don't take away the goggles she just sits there in a daze while clutching at the thing.

She was as broken as I was.

We're are just broken in different places and have our own different break downs.

Because, a few times she had to comfort me on my visits to her. Hard to believe? Well, multiple times I would go to her bathroom and try to wash off the imaginary blood that was on my hands. Eventually, she came in there once and hugged me from behind.

She missed Obito like I missed both Obito and Rin. ( she never met rin. )

"Hey...y/n?"

She gave me a side look as some of the color returned to her eyes.

Am I really going to do this?

"Yes, Kakashi?"

"Do you...want to go out with me? Just to walk about and everything. You know? To get some air?"

I wasn't with her at all times like Obito was, but the least I could do is take her out to places. Because,

Even though it wasn't long ago when I met her, i thought I was looking at a broken winged angel. She was beautiful in simple terms.

One could say it was love at first sight. Though, I could never admit that. I didn't deserve to have this sort of feeling inside of me.

but,

I want to make her happy again like how she has made me happy in my many visits to her.

"But, Obito-"

I grabbed her hand with my own, "just this one time. If you don't want to go out again, then I'll just stay the overprotective friend, but I just want to make you happy."

"Alright, but just this once. Also, its not a date. It's a friend get-together, a simple outing. I...I'm still supposed to be his girlfriend after all."

She said the last part quietly as she stared at my hand that was holding her own.

She really does miss Obito to a great extent, but maybe...maybe I could make her happy for Obito's sake.