Chapter 16 : Adore

3rd Person POV

—-𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 : ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑦𝑙𝑒𝑠 - 𝑎𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜u—-

-    " ɪғ ɪ ᴏɴʟʏ ʜᴀᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪsʜ , ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴅᴏʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀs ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀs ɪ ᴅᴏ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ . "
- "ɪғ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ , ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴡɴ ᴇʏᴇs ғɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғᴏɴᴅɴᴇss ᴛɪʟ ᴍʏ ʟᴀsᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. "
- "ɪғ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ , ɪ'ᴅ ᴡɪsʜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ . "

____________________________

" I just thought of it for a second . " Yena shrugged her little shoulders and looks out the window while humming a song.

" And what makes you think of the word
forever ? ", Jungkook asks as he looks at her when the car came to a pause as the lights turned red .

" I have no idea . " she looked at him .

The both of them stared deeply into each other's eyes lost in their own little fantasy until they heard a car honked behind them .

" Shit . I'm sorry . I didn't know it turned green . " Jungkook said while looking away and facing the front again .

Yena giggles and Jungkook must admit that it was the most adorable thing he's ever heard .

" Is Bae Yena drunk ? " he asked while grinning.

" What makes you think that I'm drunk Jeon Jungkook ? " she looks at him .

" You're acting all lovely today bae ." he answered while taking a left turn .

" Again with that . I told you Jungkook it makes me feel as if i a-" she got cut off as soon as Jungkook stopped the car .

" We're here . " he pronounced sternly.

If anyone would hear him say that , they could totally come to a conclusion that his tone was stern and had a hint of annoyance in it . Jungkook looked back at her and smirked seeing that he shut her up with just two simple words slipping out of his mouth .

" Where did the rantings just go all of a sudden ? " he asked her keeping on that smirk but he was dying of laughter inside .

The girl looked at him with her head held down , her eyes not daring to look directly at his .

" I'm sorry Kookie . I didn't intend to - " she got cut off again .

" Oh no buttercups I didn't mean to make you feel guilty . " he uses his hand to cup her chin and bring her eyes into view with his .

The tension in the air was too much as the two leaned in still staring deep into each other's eyes claiming their souls .

" You know I adore you right ? " Jungkook whispers as he leaned in slowly . Their noses grazing each others .

" Mhmm.. I do too Jeon . " she answered back leaning her face towards his .

Yena's POV
__________________________

What the heck is happening . No wait . This can't be happening . He's my best friend .

But wait , I like him . Does that mean he likes me too? Aren't we too early to be doing these smoochies smooches . I don't mind tho but I'm way too lost in thoughts I can't focus .

Oh shoot . His lips are dangerously close to mines . I can't push him away. Why can't I?

Because you're an idiot who keeps on rejecting your thoughts of how much you like him .

I like him . But I haven't even had my first kiss . This is embarrassing .

" Princess . " I heard him exhale sharply .

" Y-yes ? " Yea there goes my stuttering skills .

" You can just stop me you know ? You don't have to force yourself if you don't want to . I'm not gonna make you do a thing you don't want . " he says while caressing my face and kisses my cheeks .

This . This is the reason why I'm hesitating . He's way too flawless for me . I don't deserve him at all . I can't bring myself to be with him . He's precious and I want him to be with someone who's worth it .

" I know Jungkook. It's just I'm being a coward right now . I'm so sorr- "

" Shh " he says while hugging me trapping me in his arms. I don't know how we're hugging in this position. Me literally in the passenger seat and him in the driver seat . This man really loves cutting off sentences doesn't he . Not that I mind tho , he's too hot and cute .

What did I just say ?

" I know I am . " he chuckles and pecks my forhead .

Wait. Did i say that out loud . Oh no . I hate myself .

Jungkook's POV
____________________________

I looked down at her while stroking her hair . Her eyes met mines and she peers them back down to my chest . She's blushing . That's adorable.

" You're blushing ! " I exclaimed while laughing , looking back at her to see that she had snuggled up more into my chest.

" Stop it... " I hear her mumble into my shirt while her small little hands were gripping on it .

" What are you gonna do about it princess ? Shut me up? " I asked her amusingly .

She looked back up at me . The cute and shy girl no longer in her and her eyes met mines with confidence . What is this Bae Yena ? You act all shy and now you're tough oh god.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

SOMEBODY HIT ME WITH A ROCK WHAT DID I JUST WRITE ? I FEEL LIKE THIS IS SOME CLICHÈ CRINGE BOOK NOW 😭