Chapter 19 K.O

(Y/n) POV
———

In the end I got a small scolding by darling for putting myself down, but in the end I got (F/F) so it all worked out.

I've made subtle progress in my research. I've looked up many things which probably has gotten me on the FBI watch list but by now who hasn't?

I've learned that we might be dealing with either a common thief living in the school or a psychopath. I don't want it to be the latter but no one can know for sure.

I ruled out a sociopath since I've read that they are more seen as "hot-tempered" and find it difficult with emotions. Honestly I believe that if a sociopath were to try this they might be acting fidgety or a lot more annoyed which can easily get them spotted. But the information that Mrs. Kyohaku said was helpful in some way.

She said that the chemicals seemed to have not even been stolen. Making it hard to remember or pinpoint which ones were stolen in the first place before being seemingly put back.

Unfortunately I think that whatever chemicals were stolen are now fakes. What I'm saying is that whatever was in the bottles now, isn't the same as before. Maybe a cheap replica so that nobody can spot the difference or maybe something that can create a similar reaction when mixed with other chemicals.

This brings me to my next topic, I think that this person may be part of the school.

It's a reasonable assumption. It would be difficult for some stranger to come and steal random items from a school. Especially if they were an adult. And why run the risk of getting caught just to put them back? It wouldn't make sense if it was somebody from outside of the school.

Maybe a student though, it would be easy for them to sneak chemicals out, including food and cloth if they have home ec. Though what about the student information? Maybe they're a teacher's helper? Or even a class President. It's a student though, I know it.

Another thing I've started to get interested in is Mrs. Kyohaku. That smile.. she seemed so.. nice. It surprised me, I want to help break her out of her shell. Maybe once we are done with all of this then I can try and help her.. though that's hypocritical since I have just as much trouble..

"Darling!" I'm cut out of my trance by the soft voice of my girlfriend.

I take a minute as I stare at my notebook filled with my investigation notes.

"Yeah!" I shout back. I turn around and climb onto the couch since before I was sitting on the floor in front of the table.

"Dinners ready!" She smiles at me then shows of her new apron. It reads, 'Kiss the Chef' with a heart on it. I blush and slowly walk over to her. Her smile grows as she meets me halfway.

I dodge her and go behind her to the Erina poster on the wall from Food Wars. I give a nice smooch to the poster and walk to the table as I try my hardest to contain a grin.

She looks absolutely shocked.

She suddenly gets an aura of rage as she stomps over to the Erina poster, rips it off, cuts it up, stomps on it, burns it then finally drowning it in the sink as I just watch. She's panting harshly after her little... murder.

I can't hold it in anymore and start laughing, "Bahahahahahaha!!" She grumbles and takes a seat at the table with me.

I finally calm down and eat along with her, even if she is grumpy.

———

It's night now and we're laying in bed.

Apparently darling is still upset about that whole poster thing since she has her back facing me.

I sigh, "You still upset?" She gives a curt nod. I can just see her pouty face but resist the urge to laugh.

I slowly turn her around to face me. She doesn't look me in the eye as she pouts.

I smile and place both hands on her cheeks and make her look at me. She still keeps her eyes away from mine.

I sigh and pull her into a long kiss. Finally only pulling away when I needed air.

I open my eyes and look at her, she has shiny eyes and a face of awe. I laugh this time and give her a big hug. She snaps out of her dazed state and laughs along with me, finished with being grumpy.

I hum as we intertwine our legs together and cuddle.

"What's tomorrow?" I yawn as I burry my face in her neck. She pets my head, playing with the (H/C) threads, "Friday. We have that meeting to do, remember?" I nod into her neck.

"Good." She quietly giggles as she places a kiss on my forehead, "Goodnight my darling." I hum, "Goodnight.." And with that, I finally fall into slumber.

———

It's morning now and we are making our way to school.

"Ughhh, if only they played Wind from Naruto at the end of Naruto Shippuden, then I promise you that would have made evveryybody cry. Everybody." It's another one of my anime rants but this time around it seems that she's actually listening, which makes me happy.

As soon as we reach the front gates we are quickly dragged aside- almost.

I feel myself get tossed around before noticing that darling is holding me in a defensive position and a person is groaning.

I peek out from darling and see Ai on the floor.

"Owwww, geez remind me never to startle you." She chuckles as she gets up. Darling hesitantly let's me go before apologizing, "Ah! I'm sorry! You gave me quite the fright." She smiles.

"No worries no worries, it was my fault anyway, I shouldn't have just leapt out at you two like that.. but anyway." Her tone darkens.

I tense but get comforted by another hand holding.

"Miso got hurt.."

My heart stops for a minute as I think back to certain words.

'3. If anyone gets murdered, killed or tortured at any point in this. Stop. Immediately.'

'Then come straight to me or Mr. Genki. We'll take this into our own hands if that happens.'

Even though at the time it was about murders and kidnappings, if things escalate then this could be more serious then I first thought.

"He's in the infirmary right now."

She starts to drag us along.

"How did he get hurt?" Darling asks what's both in our minds.

"He... was knocked out.."

'Knocked out?..... huh.. '