Chapter 29 The Stages...

(Y/n) POV

Trigger Warnings: Suicide, Depression, Panic Attack
———

I decided to have another one of my famous anime rants while walking with Kirikaku to school. She seemed actually interested in this one.. though that might be because I was talking about Yuno and her love for Yuki from the anime Future Diary/Mirai Nikki.

The oh so familiar sound of people talking filled the air as we approached the school. On the other side of the school I see police cars and people talking.

My heart beat immediately quickens as I remember Mitsuo.

I drag Kirikaku to the college entrance as my heart sinks even deeper.

"(Y/n), Kirikaku!" I look over and see Tamale- Tama, and jog over to him—letting Kirikaku go—while Kirikaku follows.

He looks confused and worried, "I don't know what's going on but I don't think it's good." He gulps. My throat seems to tighten as anxiety flows through me.

There's a sudden wail and sob from a girl. I look over and notice it came from.. Rei. 'That can't mean anything good...'

Tama runs over to her while me and Kirikaku follow behind him.

Hiromi and Ami are comforting Rei as she sobs loudly. Tama gives them a scared and worried look.

"W-what happened?" Rei seems to clench her jaw and grit her teeth as she answers him.

"Sakiya... is.." She sobs, "—d-dead.." She cries into her hands.

My heart stops. 'No no no no no... t-this can't be happening... no no no no! Not again! Not again! I just saw her a few days ago! No no no no! Not her also! Why her?!' Tama is quick to cry while Kirikaku looks concerned.

I slowly take a few steps back. I don't make it far as I fall on my butt, shaking like a leaf.

Kirikaku is quick to check on me. I place my hands on my head as everything seems to get darker and foggier. I hear someone yelling at me but I can't focus on them.

My breathing quickens and I can feel myself start to hyperventilate. I shut my eyes and try to focus on anything but those three dreaded words I heard.

I feel someone hugging me, but I'm too disoriented to hear or notice what's going on.

Everything feels worse—like the world is ending—and sped up. My focus suddenly shifts to everyone that has died.

Sun, Sakae, Ena, Mitsuo.. Sakiya...

Why in the hell would anyone kill 5 kids?

Then.. everything just.. stops.

The last thing I remember is—

"(Y/N)!!"

———
Timeskip brought to you by murderer ???
———

I slowly wake up. It seems like I'm in a bed.

I pry my eyes open and am met with mine and Kirikaku's room.

I hear someone humming from downstairs. I bet it's Kirikaku.

I slowly get up and walk down the stairs. I see Kirikaku sigh before turning off the stove and mixing something.

I can't help but feel needy and go up behind her. I'm about to place my hands around her waist—

—but I don't.

I shift over to the sink and start to clean the dirty dishes. I hear Kirikaku gasp before enveloping me in a hug. I don't hug back and just continue to wash the dishes.