Chapter 22 Run

(Y/n) POV

(Trigger Warnings: Blood, Gore and Swearing)
———

We- darling had tied them up in the basement and put them in chairs. Of course at least 6 feet apart.

I decided to head back to my investigations to try and busy myself from the people in our basement.

"Hey darling, what's for dinner?" I look at darling on the couch reading book. She looks so adorable with glasses on. Glasses are my otp and if you give me an anime girl with glasses- I'd die. So imagine my reaction to Beyond the Boundary. I've never related to an anime character so much. Me and Akihito could've been best friends.

Darling hums and fiddles with the red glasses adorned on her button nose.

Am I dead? Because this is heaven.

"How about Katsudon?" I nod, "Sounds good."

Suddenly the sound of thumping is heard from below us. I jump and crawl over to darling. I hold my heart and sit on her lap, shoving my face into her neck. She instinctively wraps her arms around me.

"That scared me so bad.." I whisper.

She giggles and rubs my back, "It's okay, I'll go deal with it. Just continue your investigation." I raise a brow, "How did you know?" She laughs, "I see all and know all. But since you disobeyed me and continued res-" I cut her off, "I didn't though! You said if anyone gets kidnapped or killed. Mitsuo only got hurt." She pouts and sighs, "Fine you found a loophole. I'll let you off the hook." I laugh and hug her. She joins in but we are interrupted by more thumping.

Apparently darling had said that no one can hear them yell but I guess she didn't count slamming or thumping.

She groans. I hop off her lap and crawl back to the table—in front of the couch where my notebook is—and continue to look over my notes.

'If it's really a student then I'll have to find out who it is. It would probably be someone quiet, probably a sociopath. I thought it was a psychopath but it seems like I was wrong. I doubt that a psychopath would let the victim see their face, or even them in general. I remember the "hot tempered" fact and maybe letting the victim see their face before passing out is pleasing?'

'Like.. maybe they knew that Mitsuo would be traumatized and react like that. Then that would make them experienced.'

'What if they were in a self defense club or one that has weapons. Like archery, wrestling, or judo.'

'I'll visit all the clubs and look around, I'll try and play along like I'm interested in their club. I'll start off with those three. Maybe even look into the sports.'

'Okay, here's the plan. First I'll look into archery, then Judo, then wrestling. If I still have time I'll look at the basketball and volleyball club.'

'I still don't know the gender of the attacker though... so that means if the attacker is a guy then I won't be able to check out the sports.. damn. I'll look around for any suspicious behavior for the girls, then...'

'I'll bring Tama into my investigation. I know I shouldn't but he'll be able to check the boy's sports.'

'I have a good feeling the attacker is from the highschool because they attacked Mitsuo instead of a college student. Another helpful thing is that whenever a college student comes over to the highschool, rumors spread like wildfire. So we would know if there was a college student that came that day.'