Chapter 31 Forgiving

(Y/n) POV

A/N: Next chapter is the last. Sadly.
———

I'm currently standing outside of the nurse's office. Usually Kirikaku would stay behind for a bit before we walk home together... before we used to walk home together.

I start to think.

'Oh god... what if she doesn't want to see me- what if she doesn't even want to talk to me! I said so many mean things!! Should I knock..? No no no- ... yes..? Maybeee?? URGH! I don't know! I just want to say sorry! Why is this so difficultttt... It's just saying sorry! That's it! Just knock, apologize for acting like a bitch and being a bitch- then boom! All solved! Right-... right...?'

I sigh and rest my back against the door. I grumble and drop my hand against the door causing a knock sound.

I immediately panic. 'SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT-'

The door opens and Kirikaku is looking down at me. She raises a brow before going back to her desk—leaving the door open—and writing on some paper.

I internally panic. My chest tightens and it starts to get harder to breathe. I try and keep the sounds of my panicking down but it quickly proves to be a challenge.

I start to get tunnel vision. I place a hand over my heart, panicked.

"So, what did you need?" Kirikaku asks.

My throat is dry, my arms feel like they can give up at any moment, my palms are getting sweaty, my knees feel like lead- they feel so heavy. (Moms spaghetti 👀)

"(Y/n)?" She looks over at me and I see a look of distress cross her face as she rushes over to me.

I grip onto the wall before slowly sliding down the doorway.

"Hey hey hey hey, it's okay. You'll be okay, take deep breaths okay? Breathe, breathe."

It feels like I'm fighting two sides. One side of me feels like the world is going to end, while the other finds comfort in Kirikaku's words.

"Can I hug you?" She asks and I shakily nod. She slowly brings me away from the doorway and into her arms. I hear her shut the door before she starts to rock me back and forth.

"Breathe, breathe (Y/n). Listen to my heartbeat if it helps." She starts to take deep breaths, encouraging me to do the same as I finally realize how lightheaded I feel.

I take in a few shaky breaths and cling into Kirikaku's coat. The tears start to replace the panic as they begin to fall.

"Shhhh shhh shhhh, it's okay. It's okay (Y/n), this'll pass. You have to breathe though, take in deep breaths and relax the best you can. Don't force yourself." She coos as she comforts me.

I can't help but cry harder. She's being so sweet to me, loving, it makes me forget about all of the horrible things that has happened.

'Oh how I love this girl.'
———
She rubs my back as I rest against her chest. She's leaning against the wall and whispering nothing but sweet words to me.

"I'm sorry." I interrupt her. She hums. "For?" She drags her fingers through my hair. I shut my eyes, ready to fall asleep. "For saying mean things to you... I didn't mean them- I was sad.. sad and angry." I mutter.