Chapter 26 Protective Cries

(Y/n) POV

(Enjoy reading my rats- also today your meal shall be the a potato topped with rotten, cheesy, Mac and Cheese and for a drink you will have sweaty toe juice. Yum. Eat up my short rat children)

(I'm losing my mind..)
———

"We need to talk." I look up and see a familiar face.

Tama.

I feel nervous since the words, 'We need to talk' just doesn't sit right with me- but it probably doesn't sit right with anyone.

He sighs and sits down on the opposite side of me.

I'm currently outside at a table, waiting for Kirikaku. I have my lunch out and a tree providing shade.

"I think you should come hang out at the college for awhile- just until the tension dies down."

'Ahhhh, he's talking about the.. losses. Right, I completely forgot about the college. Who knows what they must be dealing with.' I slowly nod, "What about Kirikaku and Ai."

"I've already notified Ai and I was assuming that K- wait did you just call her Kirikaku instead of darling?" He looks bewildered.

I flinch, 'Guess I also forgot that no one knows what happened between me and Kirikaku..'

I nod, "We had a slight argument. We're still together thought... butttt, I still have her in the doghouse." I give him a nervous smile.

He chuckles, "Poor her, I've been there and it ain't fun. She must have really gotten under your skin then for you to start calling her by her first name. I remember when that happened with me and Masami." I raise a brow, "What do you mean." He nervously laughs, "Well.. my real name is Tamale."

I hold in my urge to laugh, "R-really.." I cough trying to not laugh.

He nods as mushrooms start to grow on his head, "Yeah... it sucked when that's all she would call me." I sweatdrop, 'Was his parents drunk or something when they named him??'

"A-anyway, we just want to make sure you're all safe. So if it doesn't bother you guys too much, could you all come to the college student council room after school? We just want to watch over you three. It really scared us when.. well... four of you just.. disappeared.. like that." I slowly nod.

He looks sad, tired, and.. guilty. I know how that feels.

"Alright.. I guess we can.. I'm pretty sure Kirikaku will be okay with it." I nod, taking a bite out of food.

He gave me a tired smile. He raised a brow and looked behind me, "Hey Kirikaku." I look behind me and wave at Kiri. She smiles and waves back.

"Hey, what are you two doing?" She sets her bento next to me and takes a seat.

"Tama wants us to head to the college after school. We'd be doing it until the tension dies down." She hums as she unwraps her bento.

"I told him that we'd be able to." She nods, "Yeah, that's fine." Tama smiles, "Good, good. I hope you two have a good day. I'll see you all after school then."

I nod to him as he stands up. We wave him goodbye and go back to eating.

"Kirikaku." I break the silence.

She hums, still eating her lunch. I bite my lip, hesitant, "I'm going back to investigating."

Kirikaku immediately slams her hands on the table and stands up. "What?!" She looks down at me, surprised, shocked, and worried.