04

(Ring, ring, ri-)

I slammed my hand on my alarm clock and groaned.

I made sure to wake up early for school...

I yawned and directed my gaze to the clock to check the time.

6:00?!

That's way too early!

I sighed and stood up from my futon.

Guess I'll just have to get ready....

***

I sighed as I heard the school bell ringing.

I'm still late even though I woke up at the crack of dawn...

I frowned and continued to step inside the gates of Hope's Peak Academy.

Hopefully no one scolds me for being late...

I looked around the school grounds to find it devoid of any people. My face lit up at the sight and I quickly made my way towards class 1-B.

I opened the door to the classroom only to see several pairs of eyes staring at me.

T-Too much attention...!

I let out a squeak in fright, immediately stepped out of the room, and closed the door. I leaned against the mahogany wood door while panting heavily.

That... was scary...

I felt the door that I was leaning against disappear making me fall unto the ground.

"Ittai!" I sat up from the ground and rubbed my back to lessen the pain.

"Why did I think that it was a good idea to lean against the door?!" I mentally facepalmed at my stupidity.

"I see that you came to school again, Y/n-chan," The voice of Chisa-sensei filled my ears while I managed to stand up from the ground.

"G-Good morning, Chisa-sensei," I bowed.

"Good morning!" Chisa-sensei chirped back.

"Eh? Chisa-sensei is talking to someone?"

"Who is it, Chisa-sensei?"

"Shh! You're invading our teacher's privacy!"

"You're no fun, Mahiru.."

The voices of my classmates came one by one making me even more nervous.

I'm scared...

I felt myself visibly shaking.

They'll judge me...

They'll hate me...

They'll think I'm unattractive...

They'll-

A warm hand was placed unto my shoulder, "Are you okay, Y/n-chan? You're shaking," Chisa-sensei said with worried expression plastered on her face.

"H-Huh?" I lifted my head up from the ground and looked into Chisa-sensei's worry-filled eyes, "M-Me...? Oh, I-I'm fine..." I let out a weak smile.

Chisa-sensei sighed, "It's okay... you don't have to force yourself to come to class. I understand that meeting new people can be really challenging, especially when you don't have a good experience with others," Chisa-sensei let out a chuckle.

"B-But I want to change! I want to socialize!" I put on a determined face, "I wanna experience high school life!"

Chisa-sensei giggled at my expression, "Well, if you really want to... Then you should first introduce yourself in front of your classmates!" I felt my stomach drop at the statement.

Excuse me, wHAT-