35

Chikai, Hajime, and I walked towards the Jaberwock park where the supposed "motive" is.

There was a motive and no one told me about it?!

I mean....

I've been pushing everyone away ever since we came back from the class trial, so I guess it's my fault...

"Why hello there, Hajime, Y/n, and Chiaki. I'm glad you guys are doing well," A familiar voice cut me out of my thoughts.

"N-Nagito?!"

"It has been a long time since I was able to talk to you three like this," Nagito chuckled.

"Why are you here?" Chiaki tilted her head to the side in curiosity.

"Well, there's no need to worry about a loser like me..." Nagito smiled and looked down at the floor.

He let out a sigh, "More importantly, did you hear? Apparently Mahiru got killed this time," He started to ramble on about how she's the heart of the group and how devastating it is to hear about her passing.

"But still... you guys will be able to shine because this outcome is full of despair, right?!" Nagito let out a huge grin, "That's right, no matter how dark the despair, hope can shine much brighter and stronger!"

"Haha! Though I feel bad for Mahiru, this is quite exciting! How will everyone overcome this despair this time?"

Exciting?!

This man is bonkers!!!

I stared at Nagito in a judging way and sighed.

This is going to be a long investigation...

***

I stepped inside my podium as Monokuma began explaining the class trial rules. I stared at Mahiru's portrait that had a huge cross over her face.

I never thought I'd go back here again...

"Now then, let's first discuss the motive! That masterpiece of gaming: Twilight Syndrome Murder Case!" Monokuma cheered.

"What?! Who cares about that game?!" Ibuki complained.

"Still, we shouldn't ignore it. After all, that game is the motive this time," Nagito reasoned.

And with that, the class trial took off.