65

The sound of the Monokuma Morning Announcement's chime woke me up from my slumber.

"Gooooood morning, everyone!" The bear from the screen began, "Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it all our all today!" The screen flickered off, leaving the room in silence.

Man, I slept pretty late last night...

I got out of bed, did my morning routine, and made my way to the restaurant to find Chiaki and Hajime having a conversation.

"Good morning!" I waved to the two brunettes.

"Y/n, hi! Chiaki was just telling me about her weird dream," Hajime gestured to the gamer.

"Yea... It was a Monokuma puzzle game," She explained, "it was one of those tile-falling games where you make falling Monokumas disappear by creating a chain.. But no matter how much I played, I just couldn't beat it, and the Monokumas just fell endlessly."

"That's such a weird dream... Do you have any idea what might have caused it?" I questioned, concerned for Chiaki.

"It was probably because we went to the Monokuma factory yesterday." Chiaki nodded in agreement to Hajime's words.

The three of us continued to chat for a while until we decided to finally go to the restaurant. We entered the dining hall to find that the others were already there.

"Yo, Hajime! Check it out... I'm already eatin'!" Akane's voice came out muffled from the amount of unchewed food in her mouth.

"As usual, you're eating a lot..." Hajime chuckled.

"Well, we might get locked in a place like the Funhouse again," I shuddered at the memory.

The three of us went ahead and grabbed our plates full of food and sat down on the table with the rest.

***

"Okay, now that we've finished our breakfast, let's jump right into the main topic," Kazuichi spoke up. Almost everyone had empty plates by now.

"Hey... I'm still eatin' here..." Akane said with her mouth full of food once again.

Kazuichi ignored Akane and began, "Of course, our main topic is the plan to capture Nagito today!"

I choked on my water.

"T-Today?!" I was in shock, I wasn't informed at all!

"Are you really going to do it?" Sonia looked at Kazuichi cautiously.

"Of course! I spent all night coming up with this plan!" And so, Kazuichi began to explain the details of his so called "plan." He even began distributing our roles.

"And Y/n!" He pointed to me, "you'll be the bait!"

"What? Absolutely not!" I refused, offended, "I'm not gonna participate in this!" I huffed.

Kazuichi rolled his eyes and scoffed, "then, Hajime! You'll be the one to lure Nagito to the hotel!" He pointed towards the brunette.

"M-Me?" Hajime asked dumbfoundedly. 

"Duh! Who else would it be besides you? Y/n doesn't want to participate, so it leaves you!"

I heard Hajime sigh, "Fine..."

"Alright! That settles it! We'll meet later back here at 5 o' clock!" Everyone began to leave the restaurant.

***

I knocked on Nagito's cabin door.

"Nagito? Are you in there? I'm done with breakfast, I even brought you some!" I knocked again.

I heard some rustling from the other side of the door until the door was opened by the white-haired male.

"Y/n! It's so nice to see you!" He gestured inside, "Make yourself at home!" I smiled and entered his cabin. It was tidy, the blankets were folded, the floors were clean, and the bookshelf was littered with books.

I placed the plate of food on the desk beside the bookshelf.

"You stay right there! I'll go to the bathroom for a while. You can sit on the bed if you'd like," I nodded and sat down on the fluffy mattress. It was the same as mine, but had a different pattern.

I watched as Nagito entered his bathroom. With his absence, I took it in me to observe his cabin. It was, indeed, free of any imperfections. 

Except for his bedside table. I looked at the piece of furniture and saw that one of the drawers were slightly opened. I took a quick peek inside and saw...

A Future Foundation File.

I gulped and quietly grabbed the file from the drawer to find that it was bookmarked. 

Huh??

I immediately opened the file to the bookmarked page and  read its contents.

Class 77-B is a Hope's Peak Academy class. It is the second half of Class 77th. There are sixteen students in total, with Koichi Kizakura as the official homeroom teacher until he was replaced by Chisa Yukizome, The Former Super High School Level Housekeeper.

Junko Enoshima, who was using Class 77-B as a pawn to launch The Tragedy, executed the class representative, Chiaki Nanami, and enslaved the remainder of the class by showing them a brainwashing recording of Chiaki's execution.

However, one student of Class 77-B was able to avoid Junko Enoshima's brainwashing.

Y/n L/n, known as the Super High School Level Shut-In, is a member of Class 77-B that was absent for the remainder of the school year right after the cancelled practical exams. It is believed that Y/n L/n is the only known survivor of Junko's brainwashing, having been taken as an observer for the very first school killing game.....

I closed the file shut and placed it back inside the drawer, not wanting to read any further. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a Future Foundation File about us.

Why does Nagito have this?!

Monokuma didn't give me this file!

Could it be that he hands out different files per person?!

I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't breathe properly, tears were beginning to form at the corner of my eyes, when suddenly--

"Y/n?" Nagito had stepped out of the bathroom.

"Nagito, hi!" I ignored my thoughts and waved at the luckster.

"Are you alright? You were zoned out."

"Of course! I was just waiting for you," I faked a smile, "Now, come here! You should eat before we explore the rest of the islands."

Nagito grabbed his plate of food and sat beside me. He began to eat as I felt myself get consumed by my thoughts.

Does...

Does Nagito remember everything now?!