75

I couldn't feel anything.

My entire body was sore to the bone. I could only blink as I tried to make sense of where I was.

Am I... outside the simulation...?

That's impossible... They all died...

My vision was still blurry, I tried lifting my hands only to be futile.

"Y/...Sen..." Someone called out from above. Someone familiar. 

"H-Huh?" My voice sounded so strange, as if it doesn't belong to me at all. Has my time spent inside the simulation warped how I viewed myself?!

"Y/n-Senpai!" I was lifted up from where I laid by a bone-crushing hug. The air was quite literally pulled out of my lungs, "We were so worried!" My shoulder suddenly felt wet from the cries of my underclassman, "When Makoto said that the Neo World Program was hijacked, I immediately went here!" Their voice was muffled from how pressed we are together, I couldn't identify who it was.

"W-Woah, Hina! Be gentle...!" A more masculine voice scolded my hugger.

"Woops, sorry!" The Ultimate Swimmer said as she gently laid me down back into my pod, "W-We were so worried, Y/n-Senpai..." She sniffled, fresh tears threatening to spill.

The abrupt hug seemingly brought me back to my senses, giving me the strength to sit up straight. I looked around, finally registering the people around me.

"Makoto... Kiyoko... E-Everyone...?" My lowerclassmen, the survivors of the first killing game, stood before me with worried looks and relieved smiles.

"Welcome back, Y/n-Senpai..." Makoto gently smiled.

I felt tears threatening to spill. I missed them so much.

"Y-You guys..." My lips trembled. 

"Now don't go and crying in front of us, it's pathetic," A certain blonde scoffed.

"Looks like Ku-chan's happy to see me," I teased the heir which made him roll his eyes in response. After our quick banter, I turned to my friends, "Hello, everyone."

They all smiled, some wider than the others, but before I could talk more, the swimmer once again engulfed me into a big hug.

"Group hug!" She chirped and pounced on me, followed by the rest of the group.

Silence dominated our group with the occasional sniffles of Hina. After a while, everyone let go as they assisted me out of the pod.

My legs felt like jelly, I couldn't stand on my own without my knees giving up. As a result, I had to lean on Yasuhiro and Byakuya for support.

"Surprisingly, you're very weak, L/n," Byakuya pointed out.

"Well, dearest underclassman, you seem to be missing the point that I hadn't used my legs in a long while," I scoffed, "Think, monkey, think."

The heir looked offended, "Why you--"

Before he could insult me further, he was cut off by Yasuhiro's booming laugh, "Y/n-chi is still getting into fights with Byakuya as usual!" I snickered in response and flashed a smug grin to the blonde.

"We're glad to have you back safe, Y/n-senpai," Kiyoko stepped in front of me with a small smile, her gloved hand resting itself on my shoulder, "We were afraid that you might never wake up."

My cheery mood suddenly disappeared. 

The simulation.

My classmates.