61

After being released from the Funhouse, everyone went back to living our less-than-ordinary lives.

It was another day. I woke up, brushed my teeth, and made my way to the hotel restaurant. Just like what I did before.

"Good morning!" I waved towards the others who were already stuffing their faces with food. I grabbed a plate and joined them with my own breakfast.

"You know..." Fuyuhiko began, "Every time we meet up here, it makes me realize just how crazy this whole situation is..." 

"The restaurant... certainly feels more spacious than before," Sonia pointed out.

I frowned at their discovery. I was trying to ignore it, but now that they've mentioned it...

"STUPID FOOL! GET IT TOGETHER!" I heard a voice we knew all too well.

"Was that... Coach Nekomaru...?" Akane's eyes brightened.

"Wh-What are you talking about? He's no longer..."

"Hehehehe!" Kazuichi was grinning mischeviously.

"Kazuichi..." I deadpanned, "Are you messing with us? If so, cut it out! You're being really insensitive!" I scolded as I pointed my fork at the mechanic, glaring daggers with my eyes.

"H-Huh?! What are you saying, Y/n! Of course not!" He pulled out a mini robot with a clock...? "This is my latest invention! Minimaru...!"

"Eh? A doll?" Sonia looked at the thing in Kazuichi's hand.

"I'M NO DOLL! I'M MINIMARU!" Minimaru exclaimed.

I let out a chuckle, "Well, you're awfully adorable, Minimaru."

"THANK YOU, Y/N!"

"I took some parts from him to make it. What do you think? Awesome quality, right!?" Kazuichi held his thumb up and flashed his sharp teeth.

"It's so cute!" Akane snatched the robot from Kazuichi's hands, "Thanks, I'll keep it!" She grinned.

"H-HEY!"

***

I made my way back to the cabin, my head deep in my thoughts. I didn't join the others in exploring the 5th island, it was a waste of energy.

I haven't seen Nagito around all morning...

Where could he be?

I frowned, "I hope he's alright..."

"Who's alright?" I swear, I almost fell into the swimming pool.

"Ah!" I turned around to find...

"Nagito you big jerk!" I playfully punched his chest, "you scared me!"

"Hahahahaha, apologies for that," he smiled.

"Where have you been?" I asked as I continued to make my way back to my cabin with Nagito beside me, our hands intertwined.

"Oh, I overslept," I laughed.

"Guess you're still tired from the Funhouse, huh?" I saw him nod in response.

After a while of small talk, we finally reached my cabin.

"Well, are you going to visit the 5th island?" I asked, silently hoping he won't.

"Oh, I'll explore it later," he dismissed, "I wanted to spend time with you," I felt my face warm up.

"O-Oh..." I opened door, inviting him in, "Well then... here..." I lead the way to my small, yet spacious residence.

"Thanks, Y/n," Nagito flashed me a smile that made my heart beat ever so fast.

We sat down on the bed, our backs pressed against the frame.

"So..." We both started at the same time.

"Oh, sorry!" Again.

"You should go first."

"No, you!"

I laughed and Nagito followed suit. 

"What is it that you want to talk about, Y/n?" Nagito questioned.

"Oh! Don't mind that, let me hear you first."

"No, I insist."

I sighed, "You're a stubborn one," Nagito grinned at my words.

"Well, I try to be when it comes to you," I pouted.

"I think you're just being mean!"

"Hahahahaha," Silence engulfed the two of us.

"So..." I started again, "What did you find out in the Final Dead Room? You know, did you find out why we're here?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Hmmmm..." Nagito pondered, as if trying to find out what to say, "Nope," He smiled.

What?

"Oh! I see... Thank you, Nagito!"

He's lying.

He pecked my cheek, "Anytime, my love,"

He's not telling me the truth.