73

The trial had escalated to the point that Hajime and the others were beginning to uncover the true cause of Nagito's death.

"Nagito had filled one of the fire grenades with poison we found in his shed!" Hajime concluded.

"Then, it could have been anyone!" Kazuichi pointed out.

I was speechless. I couldn't believe my ears. Nagito was willing to do all of that just so he could weed out the traitors? 

"But how are we so sure that the traitor is the killer? Nagito doesn't have any control as to who gets the rigged grenade!" The mechanic argued once more.

"But... He is the Ultimate Lucky Student..." I spoke for the first time in the entire trial.

"Y/n? What do you mean?" Hajime looked at me in surprise, he wasn't expecting for me to participate knowing how much this affects me.

"You know... Through out the entire killing game, he's always relied on his luck..." My voice began to sound more defined as I grew the courage to speak up, "During the start, Nagito relied on his luck just so he could frame me. After that, he was also able to clear the Final Dead Room with a 1 in 6 chance. He has so much blind faith in his talent, of course he'd use it to lure out the traitors," I explained.

"But his luck doesn't have anything to do with this case, right?" Hajime argued.

"I'm not so sure about that, Hajime..." Chiaki began, "Like Y/n said, Nagito must have relied on his luck. Now that I think about it... It's kind of strange how it doesn't connect to anything."

"What are you trying to say, Chiaki?"

"Nagito probably had targets. Targets he was aiming for all along. People he could set up to be the killer," Chiaki concluded.

"But who could the target be?"

"The target's true identity... Even Nagito probably could not have known about it," The brunette continued to explain, "That's why he relied on being the Ultimate Lucky Student, and incorporated his luck to his plan. As long as Nagito had his luck, he believed that one of his targets would pick up the rigged fire grenade," Even I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Of course, Nagito left his death all to luck! He probably made it so that either Chiaki and I could be the killer!

My stomach dropped at this. 

I... 

I could be the killer...

"You mean... he left his plan to luck?!" Sonia said in disbelief, "He risked his life for that?"

"Who... is it? Who's the target Nagito was after...?" Hajime questioned.

"The traitors," I replied, "At best, Nagito could have only found out about one of the traitor's identity, which leaves him to rely on his luck to find out about the other."

"So he was bluffin' during the card scanner thingy?!" Akane exclaimed.

"That's probably true," Chiaki spoke, "And by that point, his plan should've already been set in motion," 

At this point, everyone was in deep thought. They couldn't believe that Nagito relied solely on his luck just so he could weed out the traitors.

"Say, Hajime..." I trailed off, "Where there any files in Nagito's cabin? He did mention something about receiving one as a prize for clearing the Final Dead Room,"

"Oh, now that I recall... There was one that had our student profiles," He replied.

Only one?

"O-Oh, I see..." He didn't see my file.