34

It's been four or more days since I stopped coming into contact with my "classmates".

Four or more days since Byakuya's class trial.

I looked at the wall clock in my cabin to find that it was 1:30 PM.

1:30 PM.... The resturant would be empty by now...

I stood up from my bed and stretched, "Alright! Time to grab some lunch," I smiled and stepped out of my cabin and walked towards the resturant.

***

Man, I'm stuffed.

I sighed in delight as I merrily walked towards my cabin.

It really is nice to eat something other than instant noodles.

My mind flashed back to the time before I was enrolled into Hope's Peak Academy where I would eat instant noodles 24/7.

I chuckled at my previous actions, "How foolish of me,"

I opened my door and closed it behind me, "What?! It's 3:47 PM now?!" I gasped at the time.

I was in the resturant for that long?!

(DING DONG BING BONG)

"Huh?" I looked at the monitor at the corner of my cabin to find that it was lit up.

"A body has been discovered!" I felt my stomach drop.

Those words...

Those damn words...

"Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, the class trial will begin!"

Another class trial...

Another death...

The image of Byakuya's body appeared inside my mind once again as I fought the urge to vomit.

I can't believe it...

"Head on over to the beach house at the 2nd island to investigate the crime scene. Toodles~" And with that, the monitor shut off.

"2nd... island...?" I mumbled.

"Allow me!"

"WAAAAH!" I kicked the intruder in the face.

"Owie!" It was Usa— Monomi.

I gasped, "Monomi-sensei!" I ran  towards the injured rabbit, "I'm so sorry! I... I didn't mean to! You just caught me by surprise! Please don't hate me!!" I bowed as low as I could.

"Y-Y-Y/n! It's alright! I understand," Monomi let out a sincere smile as she helped me stand up from my bowing position.

"S-So... Monomi-sensei..."

"Yes, Y/n?"

"You know where the 2nd island is at, r-right?"

"Yup!"

"Mind if you lead me there?"

"Oh, of course!"

"Really? Thank you!"

***

"Hajime!" I called out to the ahoge boy who was staring at Mahiru's corpse with a miserable look.

Mahiru...

I'm sorry you had to die so soon.

"Y-Y/n? It's been a while," Hajime tried to force a smile.

"Yeah, it has..." A heavy silence fell upon the two of us.

"Oh? Looks like everyone but a certain person is here, so allow me to introduce this....!" Monokuma appeared out of nowhere with a bunch of dark tablets in his hands.... paws...?

"It's... the Monokuma File!" The bear exclaimed and started handing out the tablets one by one.

Once everyone received the Monokuma file, I opened mine and read its contents.

"The victim is Mahiru Koizumi. Estimated time of death is around 3:00 PM. The scene of the crime where the body was discovered is inside the Beach house at Chandler beach. The cause of death is a single killing blow to the head with a blunt instrument. There are no other conspicuous external injuries, and no trace of foreign substances such as drugs," It read.

"Blunt object... huh..." My eyes trailed to a metal bat that was beside Mahiru's corpse.

I crouched down and examined the bat, "This must be the murder weapon,"

I looked up from the ground and to Hajime who was examining the trash bin beside the vending machine.

Guess I'll have to help Hajime again..