09

Why Does She Have To Be So Beautiful?

---

Madison's POV

My mum told me and Kamden to go to the bathroom to get cleaned put. I didn't even realize, until she told me, that I had dirt on my face from yesterday. Kamden was covered in blood from being shot with... wolfsbane, I think.

When we got into the bathroom I made her sit on top of the counter, so I could wipe the blood off her face. I got a cloth and rinsed it under the warm water, then I started to clean the blood off.

"Are you okay, Kamden?" I asked looking into her beautiful red and blue eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine. Did Uncle Kaidan and Aunt Ashely tell you about all of us?" She wondered.

"Er... kinda. I, apparently, am a were-coyote and a kitsune at the same time, how cool is that?" I said while smiling.

"Wow! That is pretty cool. I'm just a werewolf, which is still cool." She smiled.

I smiled back. I finished wiping the blood and told her to take a shower while I clean my face.

"Ahh! It's hot!" She shouted which made me burst out laughing. She soon joined in.

---

Peter's POV

Talia, Ashley, Kaidan and Deucalion were talking in the center of the room, talking about how they are going to help Madison control the shift on the full moon (and any other time), while I sat in the corner of the room. I wasn't paying any attention, I couldn't really when I could clearly hear Madison's voice bounce along the tile of the bathroom walls. I turned my head to the side, so I could hear a little better. I could hear them both laughing from Kamden shouting that the shower water was too hot. Somehow, I managed to block out Kamden's laughter and zone in on Madison laughing. It was the best sound in the world, as I continued to listen a tiny smile appeared on my face.

While I was listening a felt something coming towards me, so I quickly caught it in my hand. I turned my head back to look at it and it was...a shoe?

I looked up to see everyone standing where they were, but all turned to me grinning. When I looked at Talia I noticed that she was shoe-less and holding one of her black pumps. I glanced down at my hand to see, what I guessed to be, a black pump.

I stood up and thrown it back at her, which she, of course, caught.

"Why did you throw a shoe at me?" I asked annoyed.

Talia smirked, then said mockingly "Because, my dear brother, I asked you a question, which you would have heard if you weren't listing to Madison laughing."

I felt my cheeks turn red and looked down at the ground, with my hand rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. "I...er...I was just...er...Oh shut up!" I said when they started laughing. I looked up to see Ashley wiping a tear that had fallen down her cheek from the laughter.

I rolled my eyes at them and started to walk up the stairs to my room.

As I walked past the bathroom door it swung open and a soaked Kamden ran out with a towel wrapped tightly around her small body.

She looked down the corridor, in the direction of the spare bedroom was, then she looked the opposite corridor only to let out a little noise when she saw me and ran to the bedroom.

I could see Madison learning against the door watching Kamden ran down the hall with a little smile on her face, she let out a laugh and turned to look at me the smile still on her beautiful face. Oh, for God sake Peter you did not just say that!

"Hey, you okay?" she asked with a soft voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just was going to m-" I stopped talking when I noticed some dirt that was still on her face, on her jaw. "Wait, there still dirt on your face." I pointed to where it was.

"Oh, thanks" She smiled and tried to wipe it of be it was still there.

I picked up the wet cloth that was on the counter. "Come here so I can get it."

When she was stood in front of me, I raised the cloth to her jaw and slowly wiped it off, while not removing mine eyes away from hers. I placed the cloth back without breaking eye contact, but I did when I saw some water rolling down her neck to her collar bone. I reached to wipe that off too, trailing my thumb, and eyes, up her neck and wipe across her jaw bone, I let my fingers and eyes linger there for a bit. Her skin is so soft.

When I looked back up she was looking at me, she was so close. Her scent was so intoxicating, a mixture of vanilla and strawberries. Peter, all you have to do is to tilt your head forward a few inches to kiss her, that's all.

I want to kiss her, I really do, but what if she doesn't want me to? What if it messes with our friendship? I can't let that happen. So, I moved away, I took a step back and removed my hand away from her jaw line. It felt cold.

"Er... well, t-there you go. If you n-need me I will be in my room." I stuttered.

I went to leave the bathroom when I just remembered. If I go into my room, her scent will be everywhere and if she does come into my room, I won't be able to stop myself.

Panicked, I turned back to her and said "No! No, I will not be in my room. I will be...somewhere. This is your first lesson, use your nose to find me." I rushed down stairs and into the kitchen and closed the door.

I rested my forehead on the cool surface and took deep breathes to calm my heart rate.

Why does she have to be so beautiful?!