19

The Truth

---

When the four of them arrived at the brother's apartment, three of them went over the plan another time while Peter looked around. He didn't trust them at all and he was hoping there was incriminating in their apartment, so he would be able to get rid of them and be with Madison happily.

Suddenly there was a ringing sound in the room where everyone else was. Peter used his heightened hearing to figure out what it was.

"Sorry guys, it's my cousin. I will be back in a minute." He heard Madison say, then heard the front door slam. He guessed she left the apartment to answer her phone.

He was about to continue to look around before he heard whispering. He used his hearing again. It was Liam and Dean. He couldn't hear all of it, but he could make out parts of their conversation. And he didn't like what he heard.

"Wh --- we going to do, De ---? --- expect Peter to come ---, our plan isn't --- work with him --- ."

" --- fine, Liam. We can think of --- thing. We --- knock --- out then continue --- plan."

"What if --- plan fails?"

" --- won't! --- kill the alpha, --- kill Madison. Then we will move --- like you --- wanted. Okay? Everything will --- to plan."

Kill Madison.

That ringed through Peter's head. He couldn't believe it. Why would anyone want to kill such a beautiful and kind person? He could feel himself getting angry, his eyes glowing gold.

Suddenly, he could hear the front door open and close. Madison was back. He had to get to her before they do. He focused on her. Her eyes, her smile, her voice. Peter could feel the anger slowly slip away, but not completely. He walked back into the room, seeing Madison putting her phone away and Dean and Liam stand next to each other but breaking apart when they heard them enter. Peter couldn't stand the thought of Madison in the same room as those two monsters, but he had to be quiet for now he couldn't risk Madison getting hurt when he finally goes to attack them. She had to be in a different room or different building.

Apparently, fate was working with him as Madison looked up and said, "I'm sorry guys but I have to go. My cousin, Kamden, found out what's happening and is worried about me. I have to go and let her know that everything is fine."

Liam looked annoyed, but he quickly covered, Madison didn't see but Peter did. "Sure. Just be quick okay?"

"I will! Thanks!" She said with a big smile on her face which warmed Peter's heart. Just before she left, she turned to Peter and said, "Please be nice."

He smiled at her and nodded. With that she left. He waited until he couldn't hear her heartbeat anymore before turning towards the brothers, his eyes glowing gold.

They didn't notice this as they were looking at a map of the woods, planning out what will happen. However, when they heard a growl they saw his eyes.

Surprised, Dean held his hands up in front of him, moving his brother to be behind him, "Whoa! Peter, calm down! What's going on?"

Still growling, Peter walked forward, making them step back, "I heard what you said. After you kill the alpha," his eyes started to glow brighter, his face slowing morphing into his wolf side, "you're going to kill Madison."

Dean stopped walking backwards and sighed. "Well, there goes the element of surprise."

Peter growled louder.

Dean let out a small laugh and stepped forward, making sure his brother stayed back. He let his eyes glow orange and blue, then he rolled his neck. He stared Peter in the eye as he let his fangs come out.

Peter looked at Dean eyes, hating how they are also the colour of Madison's werewolf eyes.

They both flicked their hands to extend their claws. They then started to circle each other. It was a tense silence with the only of Peter's heavy breathing. Dean was very calm. And Liam was standing off to the side as his brother told him to do. He was worried for his brother.

Peter finally charged at Dean, his claws raised. However, Dean was prepared and ducked under his arm, running his claws up Peter's back, which made him howl in pain. Panting, he turned around and grabbed Dean's arm as he was about to punch him and broke it. The sickening crack made Liam jump, he was to go and help his brother, but he noticed that Dean had only grunted as his arm was broken. He didn't seem to be slowly down anymore. Peter has also noticed his, he now seemed a bit worried that he wouldn't win this fight.

But he wouldn't give up.

Giving up would mean he failed Madison and she would die. He wouldn't let that happen. He couldn't.

With newfound bravery, he charged at the other man again, ducking under the punches being thrown his way and slashed his claws up Dean chest and his face. This time Dean couldn't hold back his pained yell.

Liam, who couldn't watch his brother getting hurt anymore, vaulted forward and jumped on Peter's back, wrapping his arms around his neck, cutting of his air.

Peter coughed and tried to claw at the young wolf on his back but was unable.

Liam almost fell off a few times as Peter tried to shake him off. He had enough of that, so he extended his fangs and sunk them into Hale's shoulder.

Peter let out a choked shout. He reached back and sunk his claws into Liam back and flung him off. He took in a huge breath as he was finally able to breathe. As he was trying to get his breathe back, Dean rushed forward and knocked Peter to the floor. His caused Peter's head to hit the corner of the table and black out.

Dean seeing this, sighed in relief and stood up. He then helped his brother of the floor, making sure he was alright before saying, "We need to tie him up and clean up. We can't let Madison see all the blood."

Liam agreed and with that they dragged Peter into the bathroom and tied him up, making sure to put ducktape over his mouth so he doesn't alert anyone.

It took them about half an hour to get everything cleaned and for them to change out of their ruined clothes. As they were making saw everything was in order, they heard the front door open.

Madison was back.

The plan will continue as planned.