17

Answers

---

"Liam? What the hell is going on?" Madison questioned.

She stood a few metres in front of him, in the calm forest. So many questions were running through her head.

"I know you're confused. I will explain everything, but we need to out of the woods, that alpha is still running around out here."

Madison agreed. They both ran out of the forest and to Liam's apartment. When they entered, she noticed someone else sitting on the couch in the middle of the room.

Liam saw the man and turned to Madison to explain, "Madi, this is my older brother, Dean. He is one of us."

His brother looked at the confused girl standing near the door. He made his eyes flash orange and blue, to show her.

Madison looked confused by this, "And what are we?"

Liam and Dean shared a look. Dean shook his head, then Liam nodded. She saw this and frowned.

"Why don't you sit down, Madison?" Dean said, patting the seat next to him.

She hesitated but then obeyed.

There was a short moment of silence before Madison talked, "Well?" She asked, looking between the brothers, "What are we?"

Liam cleared his throat, "We are what you call Shadow Warriors. We can blend into the shadows, our fur literally changes to match the background, it helps us stay hidden. Helps us catch our prey."

Madison didn't know what to do with his information. She was about to ask a quested but before she could open her mouth, Liam continued talking, "However, there is a downside to this."

"And that is?"

Dean continued for his brother, "Our kind are hunted. We are very short in number, there are all a few hundred of us left."

Madison's eyes widened, "What?" She was scared.

"Apparently, if an alpha kills a Shadow Hunter, it gets all of it power. Then that alpha becomes more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

She was quiet for a short moment, trying to take all of this information. She then realized, "That alpha in the woods. Was he...?"

"Yes." Liam said, "He had followed me and Dean to Beacon Hills, hoping to kill us. He must have sensed you in the woods and went to you." Liam then looked at the ground, "I'm sorry that we have put you in danger."

Madison shook her head, "No. No, it's not your fault, you were just trying to survive."

Dean and Liam smiled at her in thanks.

"Now," Madison said, leaning forward, putting her elbows on her knees and looking between the boys, "How do we kill this bastard?"