15

Mates?

---

Peter walked back home with a huge smile on his face. He just kissed the girl he liked, the girl he really liked.

As he stepped into the house, he passed Laura and Cora, "Hey, why are you so happy?" Cora asked.

Before Peter could answer, Laura started to speak, "Wait! I can figure it out. You've been out all day, with a friend?" Laura then sniffed the air, catching a scent. "With Madison! Out all day with Madison. You came back home smiling and blushing." Suddenly, she gasped, "Did you ask her out on a date?! What did she say?! Oh my god, did you kiss her?!" she shouted.

Cora looked between Laura and Peter, looking excited for the answer as well.

Peter's eyebrows raised, "Well that was impressive."

Laura gasped again, "Am I right?" She was almost buzzing.

Their uncle rubbed the back of his neck with a small smile, "Kinda."

Laura jumped up and down, clapping her hands. Cora scream, "The ship has sailed!"

"Hey, shut up! Technically she asked me on a date and she kissed me."

They just continued screaming, which of course alerted everyone in the house.

Talia ran out of the living room, "What? What's wrong?"

Derek appeared at the top of the stairs, "Why are you screaming? Did Taylor Lautner take his shirt off again?"

"Madison and Peter kissed!"

"Hey!"

Derek just rolled his eyes, "Does no one remember that I made that happen? Remember Liam?"

"What? No, it was us! When we locked them in the basement, that's when their feelings started."

"And I helped with that as well!"

As they continued yelling at each other, Talia pulling Peter into the living room, out of the way of the others.

"Peter, there's something you need to know."

The beta frowned, "What's wrong?"

"You're aware of the story that a certain time in a werewolf's life, it would find the person they would spend the rest of their life with?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I know. Mother and father used to tell us that story all the time. What has this got to do with anything?"

Talia paused. She wasn't sure how to say it. "Peter, I think, Madison is your..."

"My what?"

"...Your mate..."

Peter stared at his sister for a few seconds then shook his head, "Don't be silly, Talia."

"No, Peter, listen! You feel very protective over her, right?" he nodded, "When you were angry the thought of her calmed you down! The same thing happened to Madison on the night of the full moon, she thought of you and was able to delay the pull of the full moon! She's your mate! And your hers, Peter!"

"So? That could mean anything!" He argued.

"Me and John went through the same thing, Peter! We felt protective over each other! The thought of the other keep us calm! We're mates, same as you and Madison!"

Peter was quiet for a while, then he finally spoke, "Mates?"

Talia nodded, a smile grew on her face and she hugged her brother, "I'm so happy for you!"

A smile appeared on his face, which then grew into a big, cheerful smile, "Mates."