21

Epilogue

---

In the dimly lit living room of his nephews loft, Peter Hale sat on a old, but clean, couch in the middle of the room. He was lent forward, his elbows resting on his knees as he stared at his hands, which were occupied with a ripped and crumpled, but otherwise well kept, photograph.

His eyes hadn't left the picture since he had taken it out of his pocket, which could have be hours ago, he wasn't sure.

Occasionally, he would rub his thumb up and down the picture, trying to remember what it felt like to do that to the real thing. Unfortunately, it has been so many years that he cannot.

As a heavy sigh left him, the door to the loft had opened, alerting him that someone else was there. However, Peter had been so caught up on his memories and the photograph that he had not heard.

The door had only been opened a few inches before a head had peek though, the head of Stiles Stilinski, looking around the loft, possibly looking for something or someone, before noticing the oldest Hale sitting on the couch.

Stiles seemed confused that Peter hadn't said a sarcastic comment the moment he had opened the door. Something must be wrong.

Entering the loft, Stiles walked towards the Hale, surprised that Peter still wasn't aware of his presence. As he got closer to him, his eyes got caught on the movement of the man's hands. Looking down, he saw Peter's fingers move across the paper, almost caressing it. His eyes so full of emotion that Stiles nearly stopped walking.

Stiles was now behind Peter, who still hadn't sensed him, and glanced down a the paper that held the Hale's attention. He was confused to see it was a picture of a very beautiful, young women smiling widely, with a older man and women standing next to her, also smiling. The teenaged had also noticed that there were creases on either side of the women, which led Stiles to believe that the photo had been folded to just show the women, and not the other people.

His curiosity got the best of him as he asked quietly, "Who's that?"

Peter, not expecting anyone else to be there, jumped up for the couch and mentally cursed himself for not hearing him enter. He also felt very angry, he almost never aloud anyone to see the photograph, only Derek (And that was only twice), but now the boy he hated most had set his disgusting gaze upon the most beautiful women he had ever know.

Peter let out an annoyed growl, not quite a werewolf growl but enough to make Stiles shake.

"No one. Just forget it." He tried to seem calm but his voice was laced with anger. Not only at Stiles, but at himself for showing how weak he was.

However, Stiles Stubborn Stilinski wouldn't take that as an answer, he needed to know who that women was. What kind of women would make Peter show emotion other than anger and sarcasm? So he continued to ask, "But, who-"