16

What The Hell?

---

Madison decided to have a small walk through the woods. She couldn't get rid of the huge smile on her face. She just kissed he guy she liked, the guy she really liked.

She looked up toward the top of the tall trees where she could hear birds singing happily.

Last time she felt this happy was when she saw the Hales again after being apart for so long.

Finding a spot on the ground, Madison lied down, hands behind her head, and eyes closed. She took a deep breath, finding the scent of the forest calming her still fast beating heart. Remembering why it was beating fast, she let a happy, carefree smile appear on her relaxed face. She could hear the small sounds of the animals that lived in the woods, running around, flying around.

Suddenly, she heard a sound that didn't fit. Footsteps, far too heavy for an animal. Then she heard heavy breathing. She opened her eyes and sat up, looking around her. Then she smelled it. Blood.

Madison quickly got up and started to run to where to smell was coming from. After running for a few moments, she stopped, noticing blood on the floor trailing to the left. She followed it.

As she did she saw a person standing not that far away, the smell of blood was stronger here. When she was close enough she saw a man just in underwear and covered in blood.

"Sir?! Are you alright? What happened?" she questioned, walking towards the man.

Her voice made the man's head snap up to look at her.

She froze. His eyes.

He was an alpha. And he was covered in blood, which was never a good sign.

The man sniffed the air, probably catching her scent. His eyes grew brighter, he started to walk towards her, his fangs and claws growing.

Madison, scared, started to walk backwards, knowing that if she got into a fight with the alpha she would lose. She had to think of a plan, quickly.

The Hale house! It wasn't far from where she was.

The bad thing is, the direction of the house was behind the blood-covered man.

As Madison was about to take her chances and run past him, she heard a low growl come from the right.

The alpha looked and started to growl in return. While the man was distracted, Madison took a peck as well.

It was a coyote.

All of a sudden, the alpha roared and charged at the animal.

The coyote ducked and dodged the man's attacks and bit the man's arms and legs until he was covered head to toe in blood, more than he was before.

The alpha didn't like his chances against the strong coyote, so he ran off into the woods.

Madison stood there shocked at what happened.

The animal then moved towards her, with its back rippling. Madison watched in confusion as its fur started to disappear, its bones breaking then popping back into place.

There were a few moans and grunts from the animal, or should you say human.

They were a were-coyote, and they were back into their normal human form.

They stood up and faced the wide-eyed women. They raised the face to her, their eyes glowing orange and blue.

Madison gasped, "Liam?!"