14

A Day With Peter

---

It was around one in the afternoon when Madison heard a knock at the door, being the only person in the house she went to answer it. When she opened it, she got a pleasant surprise.

"Peter? Oh hi! Please come in, have a seat." She smiled, opening the door wider.

"Thank you, Madi. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my behaviour yesterday, Derek just...really pissed me off."

"It's fine, but you shouldn't apologize to me, you have to apologize to Derek, after all you did attack him." She said, sitting next to Peter on the sofa, leaving not a lot of space between the two.

"Oh, I said I was sorry to Derek, I didn't mean it but at least I said it."

Madison frowned, "What did Derek do to make you so angry, Peter?"

Peter, just thinking about it, let out a little growl. Madison quickly placed a hand on his, rubbing her thumb slowly over his knuckles, hoping it would calm him.

The Hale glanced down at her soft hand onto of his, he could feel himself calming, when he was back to normal he turned his hand over and lanced their fingers together. Madison didn't stop rubbing his knuckles.

He raised his eyes to look at the beautiful women in front of him, he was marvelled at her beauty.

"Peter? Please tell me. What did Derek do?"

Peter lowed his gaze to his shoes, suddenly embarrassed, "He-he shown you to his friends to make me...to make me jealous. And it, kinda, sort of, worked." He stuttered, raising a hand to awkwardly rub the back of his neck.

Madison blinked. "Oh."

"Yeah, I'm sorry if that makes thing awkward between us or-"

The young beta gently touched Peter's chin and turned his head to make him look at her, "No, no it won't. If anything, it makes it better." She smiled.

"Wh-what are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, you should go on a date with me?" She said, trying to sound confident, but it ended up sounding like a question.

Peter's eyebrowns shot up in shock, "What? Really?" he said, a small smile starting to grow on his face.

"Yeah, I mean if you want."

He nodded, very quickly, "Yes, yes I do. I would like that a lot, like so much. That would be amazing, please, thank you!"

Madison giggled, she stood up, her hand still attacted to Peter's, "Well come on then, I know a great pizza place."

Peter quickly stood up and followed Madison out of her house. If you had passed them on the street you would have laughed, he looked like a lost puppy.

---

"Thank you for tonight, it was fun."

"Well, technically, you asked me out, Madi."

"Yeah, but you paid for the pizza, which I'm still not happy about by the way!"

The two laughed. It was almost dark outside. They had stayed out for hours, just walking and talking, it was simple, but it was perfect for both of them.

They both decided it was getting late, so they were walking to Madison's house.

"I don't want this day to end, Peter." She said, sadly as her house came into view.

"Neither do I, Madi."

Both were quiet when they walked up the steps to her house. Madison got her keys and opened the door.

Peter leaned forward and pressed a gently kiss to her cheek, staying there for a few seconds before pulling away, he smiled down at her, "Goodnight, Madison." He then started to walk away.

Madi watched as he walked away. 'Fuck it' she decided.

She reached out towards Peter, grabbing his arm and pulling him back, "Madison, what-"

He was cut off by her putting her hand on the side of his face and pulling him down, pressing her lips to his.

Peter froze. His eyes wide open, he can't believe it, this beautiful woman is kissing him.

Getting over the shock, Peter closed his eyes, cupping her face with his hands, he kissed back.