13

Liam

---

After Madison had broken up the fight between Peter and Derek, she started to walk home, it was getting late and her parents were probably worried.

As she was walking through the woods, she could hear twigs behind her snap. She quickly turned around, seeing no one there. Madison used her new super hearing to try and find out what it was, she still needed practice, but she was slowly getting the hang of it.

Madison focused on her hearing. She could hear the small sounds of birds singing in the trees far away, the sound of animals running around.

Just as she was about to give up and walk home, she started to hear a steady heartbeat...which was right behind her.

Madi jump around and let out a little yelp, seeing a grinning face in front of her.

"Liam?!"

He laughed, putting a hand on his stomach. "You should have seen your face!"

"Very funny Liam. What are you doing here?"

Liam wiped away the tears that fell down his cheeks, "Oh, I was going to visit Derek, but I saw you walking through here, so I thought I would be a gentleman and walk you home."

"That is very sweet of you, Liam but you don't have to." Madison relied, smiling gently at Liam.

"No, no I insist." He said, offering Madi his arm.

She was too tired to argue so she just sighed and looped her arm through his.

The walk back to Madison's house was awkwardly quiet. She noticed that Liam wanted to say something a few times but always closed his mouth.

After a while, they were standing in front of her house. Madison let go of Liam's arm to ring the door bell, she had forgotten her keys again.

"Thank you for walking me home, Liam."

"Anything for a beautiful woman." He grinned, he picked up her hand a pressed a small kiss on the back of it.

Liam let go of her hand and started to walk away and towards the woods, possibly back to the Hale house.

Suddenly, Madison's front door swung open reliving her mother.

"Hi, mum, sorry I forgot my keys."

Ashley ignored her daughter and started to sniff the air, "Did someone walk home with you?"

Madison looked confused but answered, "Yeah. Liam, Derek's friend. Mum are you okay?"

Her mother looked back at her daughter with her eyes glowing blue, "He has an odd scent. I can't but my finger on it."

Madison sighed, "It's called aftershave, mum."

She then walked into the house and up to her room, passing her cousin Kamden (A/N – I forgot I had put her into this story). Her mother was still standing by the door, wondering why Madison's new friend scent was so familiar. Eventually, she gave up, passing it as her smelling him in the town market.

Either of them knew that, Liam was standing at the edge of the woods, watching the Page family, with his eyes glowing blue and orange.